Could Someone Point Me To A Decent Motherboard

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
ok.
So my dad is upgrading his pc. He has everything he needs except a mother board and processer. Could someone show me a mother board and a processor that are good? preferably with a clock speed of 2.4 ghz minimum. Higher if possible.

I am not technically minded as you lot already know :rolleyes:

I'll eat my hat if you can find a motherboard supporting 3.0GHz and still uses SDRAM. Everything's DDR nowadays.

But if you want to stick to around that 2.4GHz minimum, the ASUS P4B uses SDRAM...if you can find the bloody thing, given that it's so old now. It's a solid motherboard, as all ASUSes are, and it's the one currently in my gaming computer.

If you can, go ASUS regardless.

if you are this non-technical and you are helping your dad, he must be pretty non-technical too.

Savastore.com offer some good ready made Motherboard/ Proccessor/ Memory kits.
They should be quite good for what you want and are less complicated than buying everything individually.
They are AMD. I'd say the 2600+ is the best value there.
(yes they do come with 256mb ddr memory, but that wont be enough anyway, so you can use what you've already got).

link-

http://www.savastore.com/category.asp?cata...me=Motherboards

I'd recommend XP Mobile but it requires overclocking... so stick with an XP 2400 or higher. As for motherboards, how good is the nForce2?

He is more technical than me. He wants to go to a local computer shop thats sells things for 100% higher than ebauyer. I just need to know a good mother board to save him paying a extra 75 pound.

sam fisher posted on Aug 17 2004 at 09:56 AM said:
ok.
So my dad is upgrading his pc. He has everything he needs except a mother board and processer. Could someone show me a mother board and a processor that are good? preferably with a clock speed of 2.4 ghz minimum. Higher if possible.

I am not technically minded as you lot already know :rolleyes:
227%20-%20Look%20over%20there.jpg

OVER THERE!!!!!!

By the other computery bits in the computer shop.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back