Counter Strike 1.6 Ported To The Psp

spalo

Still Fresh
i pray to god that this is legit because i love CS and this would be amazing but sadly i can not find the dev's email.

edit: sorry about the grammar I'm excited

As MDave said.
The Half Life source code has not been released, and can thus not be ported to the pandora. Any "Counter Strike" games would have to run on another engine that is open source or that can be ported to the pandora.

actually i have seen a rewritten engine, for the sole purpose for hacking the game
(yes those game hackers/glitchers Sux).
it was done to override the DM or the SV i dk, its been sooo long since the last time i played it

but it would be great to have a pandora server this would take fraggin to the panda networks

but if we could contact the dev and get the code it wouldn't be too hard to make it pandora compatable right? also with the rewriten engine there is hope even though it would proably have ginomus amount of wasted memory and processing power .
please tell me i am right :)

edit: if this doesn't work we will have to count butterman hisself and all the other people working on fps for the pandora

spalo said:
but if we could contact the dev and get the code it wouldn't be too hard to make it pandora compatable right? also with the rewriten engine there is hope even though it would proably have ginomus amount of wasted memory and processing power .
please tell me i am right :)

Wrong. You will need Half Life engine source code too. And Valve don't do open source. Not even Linux binaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the engine that was made from scratch?
i know that i am a noob i learned most of wat i know about code from forums like this one

spalo said:
what about the engine that was made from scratch?
i know that i am a noob i learned most of wat i know about code from forums like this one

Ah you're talking about the Quake mod. Yeah, that should be open source. If it isn't then the guy is breaking the GPL.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GoldSrc engine is actually just a modified Quake engine, theoretically something damn close to it could be created, but i doubt it's possible to get it compatible with the PC client, especially since the sources of the mods like CS 1.6 are not available.

Well, about CS:S... The sources of the Source engine together with several mods like CS:S and DOD:S are wandering around the net (a very old version, of course), if you don't mind doing illegal things :ph34r:

Back