Cps1/2 Emulation

Epicenter posted on Oct 21 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
Granted for things like Cave games the screen would need to be scaled, cropped or flipped, and we'll see how that plays out, but there's no reason you couldn't rotate the machine counter-clockwise, use the D-pad for directional movement and Volume Down to fire, Volume Up for bombs, shoulder button for a more rare C button press etc.
How well would the D-sticks "button-function" work with these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i play the Mega Man games then? Power battle and Power Fighters

yeah, those games would be playable..cps2.

ah, dijitao, you had me excited for a sec :D would love to play rayforce/gunlock, that game alone would make it worthwile!

Jarska333 posted on Oct 21 2005 at 04:44 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Oct 21 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
Granted for things like Cave games the screen would need to be scaled, cropped or flipped, and we'll see how that plays out, but there's no reason you couldn't rotate the machine counter-clockwise, use the D-pad for directional movement and Volume Down to fire, Volume Up for bombs, shoulder button for a more rare C button press etc.
How well would the D-sticks "button-function" work with these?

Same as any controller or keyboard ... each position is a button press event like up/down/left/right/up-right, down-left, etc. Nothing unusual at all, the original controllers were in no way shape or form analog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nono, I mean, from ergonomic perspective. Say, you play a top-down shooter, and control your craft with the stick, and shoot with the stick-button... Clumsy, neat, woot?

It'd depend on the game. You'd have to design it with that in mind. Something where you have to plurp out a bajillion bullets per second AND dodge shots probably wouldn't be very good. Something where you have to stop moving and pick shots wouldn't be so bad.

Maybe using it for bombing? You press the stick hold it down and a bombing target appears on the screen, which you can then move around while you're holding the button down, then it fires when you release the button?

The "stick button" should be used for "player one start" if it gets any function at all, it's really not easy to use this type of "R3 L3" button for anything mroe than a quickl single use button like select or start.

Back