CPS2??

WayneJ253

Still Fresh
I'm suprised there's no CPS2 emu on the Pandora. I used to play the one on the Caanoo and it worked awesome especially SFA and SFA2. Anyone try porting it?

"Split sets" are what real arcade purists woudl use, since they can be used to reflash pcboards; merging roms is just a way of saving disk, and is really really really annoying, since the MAME guys love to screw with things every other month, making everyone rebuild ROM dumps. Instead, keep all your ROMs one-per-game, and life is easy :eek: *grumble, thats an old rant I've had for 15 years..,*

"Split sets" are what real arcade purists woudl use, since they can be used to reflash pcboards; merging roms is just a way of saving disk, and is really really really annoying, since the MAME guys love to screw with things every other month, making everyone rebuild ROM dumps. Instead, keep all your ROMs one-per-game, and life is easy :eek: *grumble, thats an old rant I've had for 15 years..,*
strange thing is alot of mame builds on the pandora i could only get working with merged sets i split the same set and it didnt work thats what all the fiasco tit for tat arguments were about earlier with mame 106 fba and panmame work fine split i just use merged because it is a habit now

I would be interested to know why use merged set?

I have only split sets and they work absolutely perfect with FBA and PanMAME (as well as on the PC). IIRC they worked with MAME EX too, but this emulator is pretty outdated.

hmm? mame ex outdated? thats news for me.. its 0.110 which is among freshes build out there.. compared to old FBA, PanMame [which is 0.106] and Mame4All [0.36b]

Last edited by a moderator:
Every mamebuild and version has its up and downsides. For example: All mames after 0.106 have a new rendering engine, what makes them a lot slower.Thats why I choose 0.106 for PanMAME. Another speeddecrese happened after mame 0.37 and thats why Mame4all is built on an earlier version.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm? mame ex outdated? thats news for me.. its 0.110 which is among freshes build out there.. compared to old FBA, PanMame [which is 0.106] and Mame4All [0.36b]

I didn't refer to the ROM set, rather the emulator itself. FBA is very fast and even supports a very recent ROM set (v0.2.97.24). Far the best arcade emulator on Pandora IMHO. PanMAME is also faster than MAME EX and MAME4ALL isn't really comparable. It uses an old MAME version (0.37b5) with speedhacks.

Regarding merged sets.

This is an excerpt from clrmamepro docs.

http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/docs/htm/merger.htm

Code:
Merge Options

With the following two options you set your wanted merge method.

Non-Merged Sets

Enables the unmerge mode. Unmerged means that each set has ALL files it needs. This is normally a waste of diskspace because even clone sets have the parentsets included.

Split Sets

Enables the split (merge) mode. Split-merged means that parent sets only have the parent files and a clone sets consists of the clone files only.

Merged Sets

This enables the (full) merge mode. Full merged sets are parentsets only, which also include all clone files.

Non-merged sets are not feasible with today's amount of ROMs. The drawback of merged sets, you cannot separate the clones from the parents, if you don't want them. Everything is in one file.

Almost all problems with arcade emulators are related to incorrect ROM versions.

Back