CPU Firefox Slow Stays in Memory

consultant

Still Fresh
I've been using Open Pandora for a couple months now and noticed that it has moderately heavy CPU utilization on and off. Causes my notebook fan to run all the time at semi-high speed. I'm running Beta 0.7.0.6 on Win7 64-bit.

This is even more problematic though: 1) It uses CPU even if you aren't listening to anything. 2) If you close the app, even it it isn't listed as a process in memory (via task manager) it STILL somehow and causes Firefox to have these delays off and on. The only way to completely get rid of it is to not only close openpandora but to also close Firefox.

This is really irritating. What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about this,

This place is about the pandora console by openpandora. I think your talking about a radio player, that only shares a Name with the stuff here.

I think you may be in the wrong place. I'm guessing that you're referring to some sort of application associated with the internet radio station? This is the official forum for a small-run miniature computer. ;)

Are you talking about this,

This place is about the pandora console by openpandora. I think your talking about a radio player, that only shares a Name with the stuff here.
Hey, wasn't this post just asking "Is openpandora.exe a virus?" before MarioPandio and myself posted our replies?

I have had the same problem.

I created an Icecast radio client called "Play Station Portable" (Because it's made to go on a flash drive, so I can listen at school) and it occasionally has weird lag issues. I think if I adjust how the threading is handled, it will be okay.

Hey, wasn't this post just asking "Is openpandora.exe a virus?" before MarioPandio and myself posted our replies?
No, you got that wrong. The post is asking about high CPU usage when surfing the Open Pandora boards using Firefox 0.7.0.6 Beta (Firebird, that is) on Windows 7 64-bit.

Also, the above effect occurs even while you are not in the process of listening to something. And that's the point where I knew I must have gotten something horribly wrong... :)

I got a similar issue. I bought some Pandora stuff here, and it didn't come out as expected.

The case was horrible, and the metal was all scratchy, not to mention the pad.

My wife didn't really like it.Does OpenPandora give refunds?

:blink:

@Christoph.Krn - :lol: I was referring to the message I quoted, as I'm sure you know. :p

Back