Cpu/lcd-tweaker

note: with "nasty ghost-lines" i ment the diagonal lines which tend to drift over the display on some timing-values ... i think i used the false term for that :D

Very cool utility :D - I'd been using the clockspeed changer to set up the screen, but I'd much rather stick with the default clockspeed for now and still remove the scanlines - which this now allows :)

I son;t suppose you could add a further feature such that it would run and set the screen/clockspeed to a given rate specified at the runtime? The benefit, of course, would be that we could then make a script to run any program straight afterwards - and eliminate the need to remember to run this first :D.

An advanced version might even allow you to select any .gpe, before generating the script itself and placing it in the same directory as the original file (but presumably called gpename.gpu or something). The more transparent this can be made, the better, imo.

Thank you very much for this tweaker.For me the generally best setting currently is 87F0@250Mhz but only because there is no left-right flickering.You wrote that the left right flicker is a softqare problem and it certainly seems so but do we have what the cause of that is exactly(expept that there is a power spike when it happens)?Also is there any easy way of getting this to load at boot?Cause I bet this is the first thing most people run every time they boot their gp2x's...

Wonder Boy posted on Dec 12 2005 at 05:01 AM said:
No flicking but it continues appearing the annoying vertical bar in the left side of the screen :-(((
The vertical bar is not a timings issue.Its not going to dissappear by changing the timings.Try upgrading to Firmware 1.0.1 that will solve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent all those stuff to GPH, hopefully, they will be able to fix ALL those flickering issues with the next firmware update :)

Hey, with any luck they'll add an extra option to the settings menu incorpoating this (preferably wiht a few graphical whizzes :) ). We can always hope...

Anyways, off to try to go to sleep for the second time tonight...

Not that I'm particularly worried about using this app... but when is the next update?

Also how does this work exactly? Does it write a change directly to the firmware to keep it using these settings every time you turn on the sustem or do you have to run it every time you play?

You can not overwrite some values in the firmware, because it's a compiled kernel...

The program alters fixed memory-addresses, so you have to run the program after every boot-process but only once. Games don't overwrite the value, so it will stay.

Btw, some things on my tasklist are:

- commandline-options with a verbose-mode (run it with a script)
- a testpicture-option
- automatic timing-adjustment dependent on the frequency in version 1.0.0
- bringing the two versions together, so you can change the clockgenerator in the menue

NOTE: It seems to me, the app crashes sometimes, when the batteries are low ...

cool.. tweaking the cpu speed and lowering it a couple increments makes it work better with movies and such.. awesome.

thanks for this new version,
about the crashing, that happens to me quit often when i set a higher speed and i dont think my gp2x cant handle this, cause when i try it again it works without any problems.

Hey, think you could throw the stereo fix in there too? :p
It would be great to just run *one* app on startup and then get to emus/Quake.

Hmmm, sadly, I can`t fix the scanlines with this tool, maybe because I`m still on 1.0.0 !?

Well I have to wait till they release a fix for the fw upgrades or till I find my damn Sandisk 64mb card (don`t know if its compatible, but I`d like to try)

Don't upgrade on a 64Mb card, Quiest. You'll brick your unit, I'm afraid (1.0.1 removes 64mb support half-way through the firmware update, which rather messes you up if that's what you're using)

Puh thanks for the warning!

Why the hell do they such shit? Especially during a fw update??? That`s crazy!

parask82 posted on Dec 12 2005 at 03:15 AM said:
Wonder Boy posted on Dec 12 2005 at 05:01 AM said:
No flicking but it continues appearing the annoying vertical bar in the left side of the screen :-(((
The vertical bar is not a timings issue.Its not going to dissappear by changing the timings.Try upgrading to Firmware 1.0.1 that will solve your problem.
No...

In fact, right now I have this Firmware version what you say (1.0.1 in order to fix the annoying bar), but this utility causes again that it appears the vertical bar :-(

Here I explain my problem:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=313468

I believe that I have a defective LCD... :-(

No...

In fact, right now I have this Firmware version what you say (1.0.1 in order to fix the annoying bar), but this utility causes again that it appears the vertical bar :-(

Here I explain my problem:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=313468

I believe that I have a defective LCD... :-(
Wasn't aware of this.I thought you had the typical vertical line problem.Mine had one but dissappeared since 1.0.1 and no this app does not bring that one to the surface again.

Tobriand posted on Dec 12 2005 at 01:11 PM said:
Don't upgrade on a 64Mb card, Quiest. You'll brick your unit, I'm afraid (1.0.1 removes 64mb support half-way through the firmware update, which rather messes you up if that's what you're using)
Shit thannk god you wrote that! Thanks. Shame i wont be able to upgrade me FW. WOuld it not need to remove all SD support at somme time during the update?

Back