Cpu/lcd-tweaker

god_at_hell posted on Dec 14 2005 at 06:01 AM said:
only use the menue for testing ... for daily use make a gpu-file
Maybe you can post a template gpu file so that we,the less knoweledgable about scripts can get an idea of how i is formated?Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
god_at_hell posted on Dec 13 2005 at 11:01 PM said:
nah ... it's something about the cpu-clockchange-code.

as i wrote earlyer ... if you only change the LCD-settings, quit with [start] and not select.

only use the menue for testing ... for daily use make a gpu-file

Ah, thanks for clearing this up ... I'm too stupid to make a GPU file, so I'll exit using start :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can post a template gpu file so that we,the less knoweledgable about scripts can get an idea of how i is formated?Thanks in advance...

Shure ... it's not that hard. You konw, I included a sample in the README.txt ... but i'll just upload a file.

http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/markus.vehring/cpu_speed.gpu

To the format:

cpu_speed.gpe 1 5 230

Parameter1: Choose 0 for FPLL and 1 for UPLL (UPLL is the better one, but doesn't work, if you have firmware 1.0.0 ..)

Parameter2: The LCD-Prescaler. Get a good value by testing in the menue-mode. Your intervals are: -20 to 36 for FPLL and -5 to 10 for UPLL

Parameter3: (optional) choose a cpu-clockspeed in MHz. You can choose any integer number between 33 and 320. You don't have to set this parameter .. if you don't want to change the clockspeed, just leave it free.

the "> /mnt/sd/output.txt" from my example GPU gives a txt-file with some output ... you don't have to add this to your GPU.

After the CPU_Speed-line, you can ad another line, where you load a program like DrMD.

this has do look like: /mnt/sd/drmd.gpe

"/mnt/sd" is your Root-Folder on the SD-card. The rest should be clear.

NOTE: DON'T use Microsoft Notepad to write a GPU ... it won't work, because Notpad uses other character-coding for things like paragraphs.
Save the GPU i made and run it with the editor you want to use. If you only get one long line, you can't use the editor.
I use this one.

Thank for all, but I noticed you end your script, as most people do, by running /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu. I works but the script will stay alive as a running process, eating a little bit of memory for nothing. You have to end script with "exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu". It's mentionned on the Wiki.

uh ... good to know ... i'll update the uploaded GPU.

btw..

I released Version 1.2:

New things are:
- added pictureviewer to use test-pictures
- removed div-setting, because it caused some instabilities
- removed hardcoded array for CPU-Clock Settings
- added CPU-clock finetune as replacement for div
- busted some bugs ... but.. for sure i made new ones :)

read the readme.txt for further information.

Officialy you can get the new version here.

Thx to guyfawkes for his demo-code it helped me a lot :D.

After some test I see that the test pic must be at the root of the SD, if not the console hang-up when you try to view the test pic.

Back