Cradle - Whats In The Box / What Else Do I Need?

Wizza

Still Fresh
hey guys,

Im Currently looking at the cradle.

A few questions if you please?

I know i need 2 psu's so thats out of the way....

1) Do i need to buy a cable to from the cradle to the tv or does it come with one (if not please say what i need!)

2) does picodrive support this yet? (usb pads) - (The ones i got dont need a driver normally so i assume they will work)

Any help with any (or both!!) of the questions would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

You'll need comon RCA audio cords and an s-video cord, and optionally some usb equipment and serial and parallel (probably least needed for a comon user, if at all)

I'll go give picodrive a try in a bit, but I'm thinking it does (I've been wrong before though)

EDIT: Yeah, you just gotta configure them :)

the only thing in the cradle box is the cradle and a instruction page.
i have a gp2x mk2 and it is able to power the cradle - but you may need a power supply (sold separately)
if you have a older gp2x (i dont know but so i have read)
i used it to restore my uboot and filesystem so all i needed was a 25 pin straight through connector
-joshua bissot - joshuabissot@yahoo.com

If you have MK1:

You need a power supply (and all the stuff for MK2)

If you have MK2:

As Hooka said, you only need normal s-video and RCA cables. You MUST have some of this somewhere, old VCR, TV, PC, some console, if not they're really easy to get.

If you wanna use usb joysticks:

Buy USB joysticks :) I use a PSX converter and works fine

Everything else is developer-mode.

Cheers for the replys guys.
I have ordered the cradle.
I bought the 2 adaptors today (The 2 from argos (uk) suggested in the wiki)

i had a 3 way phono cable left from the tv out cable si im going to use that (i also ordered a svideo (male) - phono adaptor Female)

So once all the kit arrives i should be good to go :D

i can see me throwing a sicky :lol:

Anyways as usual your help has been invaluable.

cheers

m

Wizza said:
Cheers for the replys guys.
I have ordered the cradle.
I bought the 2 adaptors today (The 2 from argos (uk) suggested in the wiki)

i had a 3 way phono cable left from the tv out cable si im going to use that (i also ordered a svideo (male) - phono adaptor Female)

So once all the kit arrives i should be good to go :D

i can see me throwing a sicky :lol:

Anyways as usual your help has been invaluable.

cheers

m
Sure :) just one sidenote...

The EXT rubber kinda gets in the way of the cradle. Before going nuts and smashing the cradle (just kidding), I suggest that you pull the EXT rubber to the front, and then snap the cradle. I know, it looks like it's gonna tear appart but it's much more resistant than what you think!

I'll put a screenshot later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, been ages since I last posted, or even touched my GP2X.

Anyway, I have a Mk.I and I am going to order a cradle. However, I am way too cheap to buy the official power adaptor.

3A is pretty big, but I have plenty of PC PSUs and also an arcade PSU which should be able to supply enough current at the 5V. The power coming from these should be very clean and stable as well. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and can tell me if it will be safe to power the cradle this way. Thanks!

Back