Creditr Card Reorders Again

EdCa22

My money's been refunded but I still haven't received a mail about credit card re-orders...I know that this has come up again and again and I should be waiting for an email, but I still have this niggling feeling that I might lose my pre-order if I don't buy the Pandora soon - if I don't pay again will it be assumed that I don't want my Pandora and my order cancelled? I know this is probably unlikely, and about a million people are now about to tell me to read other threads and sit tight and stop moaning like a little girl (I hope)...but could someone 'in the know' just reassure me (Squidge, Chip, ED)? Craig didn't mention anything about CC orders in his blog post...

Thanks! :D

Whatever happens you won't lose your place, i remember reading they wouldn't sell off non re-orderers until they had started dispatches anyway (could be old news mind).

Best bet is to send a quick email to - openpandoraorders@gmail.com

gl

joa said:
Please don't do that.
As long, as there is no sticky "Credit Card Re-order Opened" or similar, doing nothing is the best you can do, seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
Please don't do that.
As long, as there is no sticky "Credit Card Re-order Opened" or similar, doing nothing is the best you can do, seriously.

I figured they are pretty swamped right now - that's why I asked here so that hopefully someone who knows for sure can give me a quick line when they get a minute.

EdCa22 said:
but could someone 'in the know' just reassure me

There there. Everything is going to be all right.

Remember, if the CC reorder page isn't up for you, it isn't up for anybody else either :) Everybody who ordered still has their place in line. Once the CC page is up, there will be made very obvious, and you will have plenty of time to re-order.

Haha.
I was asking to be patronised. I think there's a lot of 'night before christmas' flashbacks going on on these boards! Thanks chip, much appreciated :)

Chip said:
Remember, if the CC reorder page isn't up for you, it isn't up for anybody else either :) Everybody who ordered still has their place in line. Once the CC page is up, there will be made very obvious, and you will have plenty of time to re-order.

Chip, you have to understand that without full disclosure of what's happening is really tough for people to remain calm. The first mails with refunds began when? Early November? In almost a month there's been no way to prepare a re-order page for credit card customers?
How can you expect people not to complain? I wrote again an e-mail today, I am sorry for being an hassle but as a customer I expect a somewhat better treatment.
Nothing against you Chip, really.

mali said:
joa said:
Please don't do that.

Why not, he has a question. If it will put his mind at ease then it's the logical thing to do. after all, if anyone is going to know when it's back up they are.

They probably are swamped but so what, they expect to be. and His order is just as important as anybody elses.

Why not, he has a question. If it will put his mind at ease then it's the logical thing to do. after all, if anyone is going to know when it's back up they are.

They probably are swamped but so what, they expect to be. and His order is just as important as anybody elses.

To clarify my statement:
When I post here, I generally have the average lurker in mind too, not only the OP ;)
The OP has gotten his money back and is just waiting for the CC link.
This is no urgent request and so writing a mail may slow down the process even more.
If you look at the view-count of posts with "Reorder" or related key-words, you can imagine, that many lurkers may follow the given advice, what may result in an email-flood.

So to everyone out there: Just listen to Chip and ignore the rest, and everything will be fine :lol:

I've had the exact same concerns, most of the posts seem to be about people reorderingvia bank transfer, not an option for me, so I'd much prefer to order by credit card! Emailed and got a reply simply saying the link wasn't ready yet, but I'd be sent it on as soon as it was ready...

I also received a refund of 303.18 and I originally paid 350.82 USD. Are those of us who paid with USD going to be forced to pay an extra 100? Or are we going to be charged just the 300 this time around?

@c0nsum3r said:
I also received a refund of 303.18 and I originally paid 350.82 USD. Are those of us who paid with USD going to be forced to pay an extra 100? Or are we going to be charged just the 300 this time around?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...st&p=675783
Chip said:
Whatever amount you received in the refund is the amount you need to pay to reorder. It's as simple as that. People who have been reordering with bank transfers have been transferring the exact amount that they received from the refund no matter what currencies involved. The conversion works both ways.

I emailed openpandora sales to double check the status of my order because I haven't received an email or a refund yet.

Guess what?

They meant to send me an email but somehow it never got to me. I check my spam folder every single day for it.

If I hadn't actually emailed them I would never have known the problem in the first place.

So maybe we can quit telling people to just assume everything is okay.

Here's a copy of the conversation:

Hi, sorry to bother you guys again, but I just wanted to double check that I'm still okay as far as payment goes. I know most of the emails are supposed to have been sent but I know two people who got them today.

Do I need to do a refund? I haven't gotten any email about it and I check my spam folder everyday.

Sorry to bother you, I know you're really busy.

Thank you!

-Jake

Hi Jake,

Please don't apologise, that should be us, as you should have received the email - copy below.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

Well. the end result of all the discusion and rumour mongering was that in the current economic crisis, no bank in their right mind is going to accept credit card transactions without there being a physical device ready to ship.
Chips denied this, so its probably a little wide of the mark.

BUT using this cognitive model, we can assume that once CC orders are up, the Pandoras about ready to ship, and that they won't be available until then.
(once again I feel the need to point out this isn't the official version of the story!)
Pretty easy therefore, to look at all the news we've had released so far, determine that the Pandora won't be ready for a few months yet, and hence the CC orders won't be up for a while either.

Our places in the line are safe, so there's nothing to worry about :D

Stouffa said:
I've had the exact same concerns, most of the posts seem to be about people reorderingvia bank transfer, not an option for me, so I'd much prefer to order by credit card! Emailed and got a reply simply saying the link wasn't ready yet, but I'd be sent it on as soon as it was ready...
Exactly, and as a paying customer theres absolutely nothing wrong with making a few enquiries. From what i've seen via email the pandora team are only too happy to answer as much as they can. I very much doubt it will slow any processes.

I'm sure they would rather you emailed them and got an answer rather than sat in silent worried. They seem to have some very efficient pair dealing with the emails too.

mali said:
@jakewastaken
This has nothing todo with the OP's problem ;)
I was more responding to the people that were saying not to bother emailing them right now. I know my situation was different, but not wanting to inconvenience the team is no longer a good enough option not to email them if you're at all concerned about your order. I just wanted people to be aware that there have been mishaps and I'm probably not the only one who needs to seek the email for themselves rather than expect it to come in the inbox.

I guess that's off topic, sorry. I didn't want to make my own thread about it and this was a thread about re-orders that was currently active. My bad.

Stouffa said:
I'm interested in knowing why a bank transfer is not an option for you.
That is the best way to make sure you get your order sorted out, and avoid further currency exchange rate fluctuations.

j.pickens said:
I'm interested in knowing why a bank transfer is not an option for you.
That is the best way to make sure you get your order sorted out, and avoid further currency exchange rate fluctuations.
Personally, I don't order anything online (or otherwise unless it's personal) by anything except credit card. My credit card is insured. Nothing else is, _especially_ bank transfers. It is the best known way to transfer money in online scams. And I am not saying that I think this is a scam. I trust Craig & co, but would simply rather be safe than sorry, and I am sure many others feel the same. I do not think this is difficult to appreciate.

well Christmas is coming, so I'd rather put things onto my credit card, so I can pay them off after the hols are over! Also I have concerns about the security of bank tansfers, I only use my credit card or Paypal if possible, nothing wrong with taking precautions is there? ;)

(and I've no knowledge of the ins-and-outs of international bank transfers)

Back