critique my photos

OK composition, although some of them look like they could do with more bokeh.

Some shots seem to be too busy, while others have objects cut of out of frame. In general, its good to have sky visible around the top of the image.

Also consider a wider range of angles and zoom levels; take close ups while lying on the pavement, or view a crowd from directly above.

Don't wander around holding your camera at eye-level.

I'd say this was the best of the lot:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=608939102464597&set=a.576994652325709.1073741825.100000455388766&type=3&l=fb2bb4cdd6

Some good pics, I like the coppers on the horses one, looks like what would be seen in a paper or something to me.

By the by...noticed the link opened in same tab, thought this forum opened all links in a blank tab. That a FB thing?

wierdly 16/20 is my favourite pic: i like the unusual subject and the composition. The more you look at it the more you notice little things going on which i find very interesting. 

Maybe find some more interesting subjects?

Crowds with cameras are hard to get good photos of because they keep moving...

I'd say these photos are technically better than the last lot. Dunno if that's just because the duffers and mis-shots have not been uploaded this time round, but the average quality is better.

Personally the subject doesn't interest me greatly, but one of two of those photos look good to me regardless. On one or two photos you don't seem to be able to decide what's the subject, often between the camera and the photographer - you've centered one thing and focussed on another. But a lot of the photos where you haven't gone for shallow DoF have strong composition so work anyway.

Look at your pics and review for yourself the compositional elements.

Some pics they look OK, but some pics you'll see that the main focal point element (ie, person, etc...) has odd things next to it that distract from the focal point of picture.

Hard thing to deal with when you're taking crowd pics. Much easier when you stage pictures and can adjust the elements to achieve the composition you want.

However, once you analyze your crowd pics and think about what you would do to strengthen composition, the next time you take crowd pics or other street scenes, etc, you'll probably make some adjustments before snapping a pic.

You seem to be pretty good with cropping your pics, many times people don't crop pics tight enough. My take is keep cropping until you think you can't crop further without losing the main point of photo...

Anyway, just my 2¢......

Back