Cross Compiling In Ubuntu

AireTamStorm

Unix Addict
Website
Visit site
I'm wondering what the best way is to get Ubuntu compiling for ARM, as there seems to be a lack of arm-linux-gcc packages in the repos. Sorry if there is a duplicate thread on this issue.

AireTamStorm said:
I'm wondering what the best way is to get Ubuntu compiling for ARM, as there seems to be a lack of arm-linux-gcc packages in the repos. Sorry if there is a duplicate thread on this issue.
you probably wont find them in a repo, there is however toolchains in the gp32x.de archives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Cooksey said:
CodeSourcery do binary packages for arm cross-compilers. In my experience, their toolchains are the most well-tested, stable, up-to-date and easy to use I have ever come accross. I _highly_ reccomend them:

http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains...?@template=lite

(You want the "GNU/Linux" toolchain)

Except that one should not use 2008q1 release, it's buggy. 2007q3 looks better.

Laurent said:
Except that one should not use 2008q1 release, it's buggy. 2007q3 looks better.
Really? I've not hit any problems with 2008q1, although I only ever build Qt, so I guess I don't have good test coverage.

Tom Cooksey said:
Really? I've not hit any problems with 2008q1, although I only ever build Qt, so I guess I don't have good test coverage.

Try these for instance:

- -mcpu=cortex-a8 -static this will fail in subtle ways (I posted a bug report; cf CSL mailing-list)
- try tree-vectorize with NEON, ICE...

There are some other "funny" things I can't remember now. But the above two are enough for me to not use 2008q1.

Tom Cooksey said:
CodeSourcery do binary packages for arm cross-compilers. In my experience, their toolchains are the most well-tested, stable, up-to-date and easy to use I have ever come accross. I _highly_ reccomend them:
Thanks, I'll test these out.

Back