Curious: Overclocked Bootup In Original Firmware.

DrJones

This is something that happened to me last year, while I still had my non-flu GP32. I turned it on, and I expected the normal animation with the song, and the slip into the menu. This time, however, my GP32 played the opening animation really fast, and played the intro song much faster as well. The bubbles in the menu were very fast in their floating, and as I loaded my SMC, the progress bars were also quite fast. All in all, the entire GP32 booted up in some sort of accelerated mode.

Anyone have any idea how this could have happened?

Note, the GP32 was a non-flu with the original firmware. (never flashed).

I'm curious :)

OK More Weirdness - I started my (newish) GP32 with MultiFW last night and booted into Original FW by mistake...

So I restarted it expecting to see the MultiFW ... Nope it went straigt to normal FW (without the bouncing logo though) --- Tried with several SMCs no difference - what's going on?????

DrJones posted on Mar 16 2004 at 10:10 AM said:
This is something that happened to me last year, while I still had my non-flu GP32. I turned it on, and I expected the normal animation with the song, and the slip into the menu. This time, however, my GP32 played the opening animation really fast, and played the intro song much faster as well. The bubbles in the menu were very fast in their floating, and as I loaded my SMC, the progress bars were also quite fast. All in all, the entire GP32 booted up in some sort of accelerated mode.

Anyone have any idea how this could have happened?

Note, the GP32 was a non-flu with the original firmware. (never flashed).

I'm curious :)
Yeah i've had this when I first got my GP. It normally happened if I crashed when overclocked- it would sometimes reboot overclocked. This has not happened with the euro firmware. Seems that SMC read speed is also tied into CPU clock frequency, that's why it loaded things faster. Must say I liked it on the few occasions it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
argon0 posted on Mar 16 2004 at 10:37 AM said:
OK More Weirdness - I started my (newish) GP32 with MultiFW last night and booted into Original FW by mistake...

So I restarted it expecting to see the MultiFW ... Nope it went straigt to normal FW (without the bouncing logo though) --- Tried with several SMCs no difference - what's going on?????
If you don't like having to press select, and you don't want it to auto boot, you can dl a program off mr.spiv's site (4got what the prog was called) that will clear the EEPROM, and make it boot to menu again.... Or you could reflash, but that wouldn't be as safe (and re-flashing might not clear the EEPROM either?)

Last edited by a moderator:
<cool> I knew there had to be something to press to get the MFW back - thought it were two buttons though!

<cheers>

Back