Cyberhocky V1.0 Released

neoman

Still Fresh
This is Cyberspace air Hocky.
I love Air hocky so i make this for us all to have on the go.
gpong2xky0.jpg
Is nice to spend 5 min as you wait for bus:)

DOWNLOAD - Cyber Hocky V1.0

I like the feel of this game a lot. The background may seem distracting but it's a pleasure to look at, and the ball is still visible. The game flows well and is just the kind of quick fun fix that one would look for in this. My only gripes are the lack of a quit button and volume adjustment.

- Alex

WOW.. loads of little errors in this first version.
Pressing the start button again & again, just keeps releasing them balls. I had about 20 balls on screen at the same time :eek: .
No way to exit the game as yet or to start a new game.
The player wins writing just keeps zooming around the screen & adds new writing all the time.
AI stutters a little while trying to decide on where abouts on the screen the ball will be returned to.

On the plus side though.. movement & controls good, feels very nice to play. The graphics are nice & smooth too.
I also like the fact that the ball can be speeded up by catching it on the edge of the bat.
AI works quite well & give's a challanging game.
Good start to the project & I look forward to seeing it improve in the future. Definetly going to be a boredom killer :)

p.s It might be a good idea, to be able to control the bat with the shoulder buttons too. The damn stick hurt my thumb after a couple of games.

Air Hockey, eh? I love air hockey! Does this game accurately simulate the puck flying off the table and striking innocent bystanders? I always loved the fear of death when playing a heated air hockey match.

reaper79 posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
Air Hockey at eh? I love air hockey! Does this game accurately simulate the puck flying off the table and striking innocent bystanders? I always loved the fear of death when playing a heated air hockey match.
Yeh some "AAAH.. MY EYE!" speech affects, could add some realism to the game :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the ability of having several balls on the screen at one time. It added some real intensity to the gameplay. I am sure you will work out some of the bugs that have already been mentioned in the next release.

After you get all the basics sorted out neoman.. How about an option that keeps adding an extra ball after a certain amount of time, if no body's scored?
You'd have to up the score limit (or disable it & use a set time limit), but it would be like a "how long can you last" round :)

Hey!

That's really cool!

Other than the other feedback above, here's some more ideas to make it even more fun =D

How about a laser that you can use every now and again to stun the other bat (even if just for 500ms or something).

Allow 2 player mode, so 1 player uses the joystick and the other player uses the Y & X buttons.

Keep up the great work, I am sure I will be playing this a bit in the future =D

cyberhockyyp0.png

New CyberHockey Update to V1.1
Here are updates ==>
Added Shoulder buttons as extra player 1 contols.
Added 2 Player Mode so you can play head-to-head on same system.(y and x to control)
Changed Graphics as was asked so looks like real Air Hocky (with a twist).
Added Exit from game clean.
Added Game Restart (lets choose every time to play 1 or 2 player).
Update can be found with same link when they update file. (hope soon)

Hope u have big fun with game.
Will try to add more fun to game later Bye 4 now.

sorry for spelling english not my 1st language. I do not have another link sorry. you must wait .

i check the file update again. is still not there so I uploaded it again! hope this shows faster.
This site not fast as should be i think.?

Version 1.1 is now in the download section.
Happy gaming.

PS. I see another hockey game.. and he is says how OLD it is hehe must feel like iam competition then :)

neoman posted on Sep 6 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
Happy gaming.

PS. I see another hockey game.. and he is says how OLD it is hehe must feel like iam competition then :)
Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition.
Makes poeple put more effort into the things that they do & will produce even better results for both projects ;)

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Sep 6 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
neoman posted on Sep 6 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
Happy gaming.

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition.
Makes poeple put more effort into the things that they do & will produce even better results for both projects ;)
I put the date in because I didn't want people to think that I jumped on the airhockey bandwagon as soon as you released your game. Your game did however inspire me to release that old Fenix bytecode, because it reminded me I had it on my HD somewhere, and didn't want to have it lost forever. Besides, the gameplay in the two is quite different, at least for the time being :)

- Alex

Back