D Pad For Gp2x

S

sausage dog

Do you think the next batch of gp2xs will have a dpad (megadrive,snes style) instead of the hilarious joystick that we currently have.

Seriously, the joystick is so bad I'm beginning to think gamepark is a manufacturer of practical jokes like hand buzzers and whoopie cushons, and that the gp2x joystick is the latest joke.

They should have icluded a continuous benny hill theme tune sample playing everytime you use the joystick so that we 'got' the joke.

Maybe i am being a bit harsh but as the dude said "this will not stand!" With a new controller this would walk over anything else on the market.

Moan over

Goodbye

sausage dog posted on Feb 1 2006 at 03:00 PM said:
Do you think the next batch of gp2xs will have a dpad (megadrive,snes style) instead of the hilarious joystick that we currently have.

no.

also, those joystick complaints are getting tedious.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are becoming tedious, yet every new owner of the device finds out himself and needs to share their impression.

Moreover I found this one funny to read, so why not? :)

EDIT: Ahem, sausage dog is not a new owner so I take back the first line...

You know, I use my gp2x about 2 hours a day for games, Evander holyfields boxing on drmd, football manager 2 on outcast and monty on the run on vice, and I havent had a problem yet. :D

I have just got DaveC's cap and it is amazing. I can now play Drmd for more than 5 mins without getting frustrated. A new man i am finally a proud owner that wants to show off his handheld.

after getting hold of davec's cap ive had no problems whatsoever from my stick, its perfect really. i hate Dpads, and personally im sick of hearing "replace stick with dpad lol lol" but whatever.

Well I like the stick the way it is and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it :D

I put an N64 one on mine. It looks really stupid but its far more comfortable. Plus it was fun drilling holes and stuff. When Dave C gets his own factory I might buy one.

edit: not a factory, that is. One of Dave C's caps. ;)

No, not dpad for sure for gp2x as it's a device what the GPH is marketing more like a personal media player than a game console.

And it'd need some extra things to not break the compatibility with current software. I doubt that GPH is willing to do so.

Seriously, the joystick is so bad I'm beginning to think gamepark is a manufacturer of practical jokes like hand buzzers and whoopie cushons, and that the gp2x joystick is the latest joke.

With changed cap and proper input routines it can be bearable.
(but most of software isn't using them yet)

They should have icluded a continuous benny hill theme tune sample playing everytime you use the joystick so that we 'got' the joke.

Maybe i am being a bit harsh but as the dude said "this will not stand!" With a new controller this would walk over anything else on the market.

No, the gp2x can not conquer the market even with perfect controller. The thing is the GPH made a mistake with current stick. It's unfortunate yet it can adequate when software is taking into acount its "character".

That doesn't mean there will not be attempts to fix it completely of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back