Beta Daimonin Mmorpg

joseluisjazz

Hi, I compiled the Free 2D MMORPG game Daimonin.

It works perfectly except that the resolution is hardcoded 800x600 and so it must run windowed, and you must move the window manually when you want to see the covered part. This is why I made the thread here in the beta subforum and didn't post it to the app store.

For it to be 800x480 would need a GUI rework which is beyond my capabilities or interest. BTW I saw there's a mockup on the Internet of an 800x480 GUI some guy draw thinking on the N700. Another solution would be an automatic way of scrolling the window when the cursor approaches the top or the bottom border, or some keys like AdvPg/RePg are pressed. Just some ideas if someone who knows his way around SDL wants to take on.

You can download the latest dev version below. Today I tested it and it now works with the official server.

Edit: You can download it now from the app store

I love your enthusiasm :)

If people find it usable edespite the resolution problem I could put it in the app store. But I'll wait for users' opinions.

So how hard was this to do? If it isn't too bad i figure could port it to other platforms.

wow, that's great, it's one of the best open source mmorpg... far better than the mana world...

On the eeepc 701 (also 800x480) i remember there was a hackaround way to squeeze a full 800x600 resolution onto the display that had 800x480 in mind.
I used to play Diablo II - which is hardcoded at 800x600 or 1024x768 - like this, fullscreen, not windowed and i didn't have to move anything around.

I wonder if a resolution "hack" like this will ever be available for the Pandora. It fits situations like these perfectly.

And yeah, why not put it in the app store. It's not like only perfect apps would go there anyway, that's what the ratings and read-the-description system are for.

Ugh, are you guys able to connect to the servers and play this? My room seems to mitigate any kind of wireless signal for some reason. If this is working for you guys I would really like to try it... Do you guys know if these would work with the pandora?

Some usb-wifi will work, some will not; not sure if we've got drivers in the firmware for them .. many drivers were pretty hit and miss (poorly done, very outdated kernel pairing, etc.)

But certainly some work _Really well_ -- ED I think had some videos up using one?

(back in the day when the first few units might have had to have a usb wifi dongle shipped with them, the guys tried a few. But then miracle Mike solved it and that issue went away)

jeff

Looks pretty promising! But it really needs the fullscreen like you mentioned. Also, the controls, ermm, "have room for optimisation" ;)

Still, nice job already :)

joseluisjazz said:
Hi, I compiled the Free 2D MMORPG game Daimonin.

It works perfectly except that the resolution is hardcoded 800x600 and so it must run windowed, and you must move the window manually when you want to see the covered part. This is why I made the thread here in the beta subforum and didn't post it to the app store.

For it to be 800x480 would need a GUI rework which is beyond my capabilities or interest. BTW I saw there's a mockup on the Internet of an 800x480 GUI some guy draw thinking on the N700.

Btw that N770 GUI was mine.
maemonin2.png

I am doing some GUI tweaks on the widget client.

yE3uR.png

TjACF.png

It's actually quite fun to play!
2UECq.png

Almost working perfectly afaik - need to
- translate the mouse clicks fixed - just change Playfield start Y: 20 in options.dat
- figure out something for right-click -- is
- get a pandora

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
I know this is a cheap move, but because it is SDL, can't it be scaled to fit? fheroes2 does this.

The released version of the client is the wrong (old) client hardcoded for 800x600.

The version i tweaked is the widget client with movable/resizable windows.

You can't fullscreen-scale this down because it uses tiny (tiny) fonts. They're probably too small as-is.

I've been playing this a lot lately and it's really fun. If you haven't tried it, feel free to join-up with the windows or (better) the linux client.

Check out how nicely it scales with SDLhq - GPU accelerated HQ2x
pupnik@x200t:~/daimonin$ export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=openglhq
pupnik@x200t:~/daimonin$ export SDL_OPENGLHQ_WINRES=1140x770-24
pupnik@x200t:~/daimonin$ ./daimonin

vm4QT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back