Damn, finally broken

This happened to me as well; Pandora was brought promptly to the floor via a tripped-over cable. Broke that inductor on the edge of the board off. I managed to remove the one from my spare board to replace it, though now my spare board doesn't have one. Perhaps I should see if I can add one to my order, since I'm wanting to refurb my spare board too.

Seems that component is in a position where it receives a disproportionate amount of physical shock from being dropped. Apart from that, it's taken quite a bit of punishment.

ok, seems like you received it... or I hope... that's what the tracking says :D

I personally find it rather doubtfull that the reason is caused by some strange resonance, I would rather imagine that if this specific inductor breaks it's related to the weight/winding section ratio or something like that...

edit: I forgot to ask, how will I pay you for the repair and shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, sorry for the bump, I can imagine that you do not have time to look on my pandora right now and I don't mind, but could you just confirm that you received it?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I received a couple of Pandoras (will take a look at them on Monday), so I guess yours was one of them as well.

Thanks, that would be great. I've all my time for the repair, so take your time and do other things, like selling the latest 1Ghz unit and work on the pyra first. but I'm wary of the post, a confirmation that you received it would calm my fears :D

Woah, I'm impressed! It's already back, power led is still always on, not that I expected this issue to be fixed, but the backlight is now working as expected, thanks for that quick repair!

There's no document or details with the package, how much do I owe you and how can I pay that back?

br,

Back