Dark Alex 3.03 Oe B Firmware Released!!

Steve-O

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43870

changes in OE:

- Patched the firmware to allow decrypted mp4-AVC videos to play at 480x272 resolution.
- pic0.png was not shown in psp isos. Fixed.
- The speed functions were not dummied after setting the speed. This could cause the few games that set the cpu speed not to run at the selected speed in the recovery menu.
- Changed the structure of the program to have more free ram in game mode.
sysmemp.prx removed, systemctrl.prx splitted into systemctrl.prx and vshctrl.prx.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43870

changes in OE:

- Patched the firmware to allow decrypted mp4-AVC videos to play at 480x272 resolution.
- pic0.png was not shown in psp isos. Fixed.
- The speed functions were not dummied after setting the speed. This could cause the few games that set the cpu speed not to run at the selected speed in the recovery menu.
- Changed the structure of the program to have more free ram in game mode.
sysmemp.prx removed, systemctrl.prx splitted into systemctrl.prx and vshctrl.prx.

Cool ... but I'll wait for the guinea pigs ... er, brave folks willing to test it out frst ... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
One reason I went to 3.03oe A` was that the region code was fixed for UMD movies. I happen to have an Australian (region 2) PSP and have some region 1 movies - they still don't play :-(

Dark Alex did mention that this wasn't fully tested yet - is this supposed to automatically work (like everything else on this fine firmware)?

I'll migrate to 3.03oe B as soon as I hear word that it works as everything I've used seems to work so far (quite well).

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Sony offices when they first saw 3.02 oe released. What would they have been thinking?

Unless the whole thing is a conspiracy to keep homebrewers and commercial gamers happy?

I wonder if Sony make money on their PSP hardware sales?

Guinea pig reporting in :p

Update went smooth as always. I don't have any imported UMD movies to test the region free setting (it's not automatic you have to enable it in the recovery menu). Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to convert an avi to test the unlocked video resolution.

Guinea pig reporting in :p

Update went smooth as always. I don't have any imported UMD movies to test the region free setting (it's not automatic you have to enable it in the recovery menu). Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to convert an avi to test the unlocked video resolution.

Yay! Your PSP didn't blow up :lol:

* Off to upgrade *

Note: The readme includes .ini settings for 3GP converter ... though it's been so long, I may have forgotten how to use it :lol:

Unless the whole thing is a conspiracy to keep homebrewers and commercial gamers happy?

Absolutely not... While us guys hack it mainly for the homebrew side of things, the vast majority of the PSP scene does it just to pirate games, and that's where Sony make/lose the money. Not that I personally care about Sony losing money ;)

I wonder if Sony make money on their PSP hardware sales?

They don't. I have read an article in the Financial Times on this issue. At the moment they are subsidizing each unit. They earn their money with the games (mostly licence fees). However, Sony expects the turnover in about 10-15 months when the prices for the psp components get cheaper.

Back