Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
I picked up a pc gamer yesterday, mainly because it had the Fear Etraction point demo on it, but also because it had the beta of DMoM&M. After playing the demo until 3 am, and twice more this morning, i can heartily say that this game is BLOODY WELL GOING TO BE GREAT! Seriously, Arkane has once again pulled an RPG masterpiece out of nothingness, and made it damn good too.

THe gameplay is amazing. Don't want to fight with "conventional" weapons? Kick your enemy off a cliff, collapse a platform on his head, Beat his pansy skull in with a ficking BASKET! You can cut ropes, swing on chains, burn down wooden walls, just amazing!

Eye candy? This game is GORGEUS! Some mystical force allows it to have the same amount of eye-candy as oblivion does (more, even), without getting that "shiny" look that i hate soooo much in oblivion. Not only that, but this game can provide all that eye-candy, on medium settings, on my ancient Radeon 9200 256mb agp8x card without chugging once. WTF? If oblivion looks this good on max settings, and this is only DMoM&M medium settings, Imagine what MAX would look like!

Did i mention the monsters? AI is genius. They will run away if you go in too hard, even brutish orcs wil run away! the combat is simplistic hack&slash, but the moves differ depending on the way you move so it feels nicely varied. add in special comb's that you get as you upgrade your skills, and its great. And for those wondering: Yes, Arkane DID carry over the beloved Arx Fatalis ability to decapitate your foes and watch their blood spurt from thier neck, in great detail.

All in all, if the games as good as the demo, we may just have a great game to take on gothic 3 when it's released over here!

EDIT: Oh, and i'll be trying the multiplayer beta soon too, so i'll edit & post how that is ;)

Back