Day of the tentacle

Halcyon

Great work on the ScummVM emulator. Booted up DOTT with out a fuss and started to play. Man it is so great when things just work out. What a blast from the past. This was the only game I had ever played as a kid like this, any other recommendations?

The other games LucasArts did around the same time as DOTT are similarly awesome: Sam n' Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle, and - of course - Secret of Monkey Island.

Any of the games by Lucas Arts from around that era were as funny as hell. Sam & Max Hit the Road in particular.

Any of you cats ever play a dreamcast game (I'm pretty sure it was for the PC too) called Stupid Invaders? Pretty much a game like DOTT but unfortunately not as much fun, I would say if you can find it at the store in the cheapo bin pick it up if you like these kinds of games, but it might not be worth selling Corneas on the street for. I never did beat it, it's just the kind of game I want to beat with a friend but no one seems to be down.... bummer.

Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, Zak McKraken (Actually never finished this one), Monkey Island, Simon the sorcerer, errr... what else.... :) ... Broken Sword, Beneath a steel sky and then some more....

:D

Edit: Oh, and I didn´t like Loom much ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zak256 (FMTowns version) rocks!

Also, there are so many other great games supported by ScummVM like Beneath a Steel Sky (it's free!), Lure of the Temptress, I have no mouth and I most scream, etc.

The ScummVM emulator is a fantastic piece of software and those old Lucas Film games were funny and had a real story behind them.

They are still really fun games.

The ScummVM emulator is a fantastic piece of software and those old Lucas Film games were funny and had a real story behind them.

They are still really fun games.

I wonder if ScummVM will play Ringworld?

Just finished Snatcher on Sega CD. Not very similar to DOTT but is a very cool cyberpunk adventure game.

Back