Dead Angle In The Joystick

A_SN

A few days ago I noticed that when holding my GP2X joystick in a certain direction it was as if it was unheld. That's very annoying because in many games it simply prevents me from moving when I went, and that's very frustrating.

So I wanna get rid of that problem, but what am I supposed to do? By the way I ordered it in may on gp2x.co.uk (and received in june) (oh and that's a MKII).

edit : that should be pinned, because I know I'm not the only one who met this problem.

This has been discussed already. Try rotating the cap around, or stuff a tiny bit of paper inside the cap's hole.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 23 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
This has been discussed already. Try rotating the cap around, or stuff a tiny bit of paper inside the cap's hole.

The Paper thing is simple,easy,fast etc etc etc It works great for me and it is a BIG difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might also want to superglue the cap once you have put the piece of paper inside and tested if it works bette. I had to do that with mine yesterday because after playing for a while with the "improved" stick it became lose and would've fallen off. Inserting paper gives it more control but also wears out the plastic tube faster.

Oh and don't get that superglue onto your fingers, ... nasty stuff!! lol

"SunSpire"

Back