Dead Pixels On Gp32

i thought i had a dead pixel because one level of a BOR mod (crisis evil) caused a pixel to get stuck red :blink:

the bottom row of pixels on my screen acts strange, probobly the same thing that rik describes. is this a common problem across BLU+ units? gp32_console in general?

i thought i had a dead pixel because one level of a BOR mod (crisis evil) caused a pixel to get stuck red  :blink:

the bottom row of pixels on my screen acts strange, probobly the same thing that rik describes. is this a common problem across BLU+ units?  gp32_console  in general?

Some programs cause this on all BLU+ units. This happens to all, not some. But other models do not have this issue.

Also, in the bottom right hand corner of my BLU there is a pixel with a stuck blue. The rest are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
One flu, no dead pixels whatsoever. Occasionally, a random column goes slightly darker than the others, but fades back to normal over some time. Dunno why that happens, but it happens VERY rarely.

My PSP has no dead pixels, but it has a lot of dust in the screen.

My DS has a dead pixel in the touch screen. I think that's pretty common though. Kinda bad that it's common. Maybe the Samsung screens or the Taiwanese screens that the GP32 use are lots more sturdy and high quality for a dead pixel to just happen.

All the handhelds I've ever owned have never had any dead pixels in them.

My Toshiba Laptop does have a stuck pixel, but hey it was second hand when I bought it.

Never had a dead pixel yet in a handheld, Laptop or LCD monitor. But i did have a dead pixel on my spv500 mobile phone, It has since been changed through insurance due to the keypad giving up. :rolleyes:

Trooper

FLU here & no dead pixels... even after I dropped it in a lake (please don't ask :p). The only thing that got affected is that the speakers are now missing a lower frequency (everything's still fine if I use headphones though) and the left third of the screen becomes a tiny bit darker sometimes... after a while it becomes normal. :huh:

So Gamepark installs their joysticks badly (a lot of the time) and installs the speakers backwards but nevertheless buys very high quality screens. Makes sense, I guess; the screen is one of the things that people love the GP32 most for.

I bought my BLU from GBAX and it had 1 stuck bright pink pixel brand new out the box, it did annoy me a bit, but its not that noticable and i got used to it pretty quick.

My BLU, Lynx II, Gameboy, Game Advanced all have no dead pixels :)
Well maybe the GBS might, I'd be able to check if only nintendo had put a light on the thing :p

I have a sony mobile phone and I find the software to be quite badly thought out in Places. I had no problems with my PS2 yet though. Inspecting different pcs at work, I found the sony model looked at was very poorly made IMHO and yet cost loads more than other brands.

shinneri posted on Apr 7 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
Yes, the PSP is obviously very cheaply/poorly produced (thus the dead pixels), but isn't that true for every Sony product ever made?
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

use a cottonwooltip.

put the protection screen down and use the cottonwooltip and massage arround the area
where the dead pixel is. do it a few times until its removed.

my friend got the same problem with his powerbook after this treatment it was gone

No dead pixels to report on my BLU+, but one of my original gameboys had a line thru the screen. The other gameboy was fine, and my 2 gamegears never had a problem either.

My Blu has a dead pixel. I had a funeral for it and it was a harsd road to recovery... Just kidding I was like oh a dead pixel oh well...

My Nikon coolpix 3200 also has a dead pixel

in both cases they were pretty darn new...

use a cottonwooltip.

put the protection screen down and use the cottonwooltip and massage arround the area
where the dead pixel is. do it a few times until its removed.

my friend got the same problem with his powerbook after this treatment it was gone

This interests me, is it possible to do this for a psp?

Back