Dear Lord!

liquidphantom said:
I remember the good old days we had these really strange inventions called PENS!!! they had no back space key... not even a delete key, carriage return was available though it was more of a manual operation where by the user had to physicaly move the writing page up or move thier arm down to start on a new line, and spell checking.... you had to open a whole new application and search manualy for the word you wanted to know how to spell... and know how to spell it before you could find it, then you had to start your document over if you found too many mistakes.

Oh those were the days.

End bad spelling..... Learn who to write correctly from the get go.
Way to make a point...

Last edited by a moderator:
liquidphantom said:
Thanks man, I'll keep practicing. Whoever long it takes me!

WhizzBang said:
Will it be that practical to do much typing on the Pandora anyway? I really like the Eee PC but trying to write an email using it's keyboard is a little bit painful and you make lots of mistakes too. The Pandora's keyboard will be smaller than the Eee PC so I imagine it would be even less comfortable to type with.
Considering the amount of typing I do on my mobile phone. The pandora will be a dream come true. :p (At least where there's wifi access)

This was something that got addresses a long, long time ago. What I said then, should still apply:

The keypad button in the upper left corner is supposed to be a backspace button with the DEL feature accessible with the FN key. ED just never changed it and I never pushed for it to get changed since my efforts have been focuses on under the hood, assembly and production issues. :)

all i know is...
my brain types a fuck sight faster than my fingers.

and..
my mouth (unfortunately) can operate independently of my brain.

relevence= none

fusion_power said:
Backspace? The Pandora has 2 nice Shoulder buttons. ;) One could be for space and the other for Backspace, best solution I think because then you type with 4 fingers instead of just 2 (thumbs) :)

+1 Just map it to one of the shoulder buttons and to quote Arnie "Stop Whining!"

Senor Quack said:
liquidphantom said:
Thanks man, I'll keep practicing. Whoever long it takes me!

:lol: Sigged!

Parkydr said:
Young people today don't know they're born, in my day we never had sissy backspace keys, we used ctrl-H
Damn right!

Yrx said:
The delete key is primarily a backspace. Unless something has changed. *refuses to look for source*
I like how NO ONE listened to me. Now I have to go look for a source, dangit.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry573481

MWeston said:
It was supposed to be a backspace key with the DEL as a 'function' option. The shoulder buttons could make nice forward and backspace buttons as well (depending on how you hold the device).

I also think some of the other function options have not been added to the render. For instance, number 8 has a WiFi on/off feature on one of my mock ups.

The CTRL key is another one that should be there as a primary function somewhere. I think the TAB key was also being considered for the right shoulder button.
So maybe it ISN'T set, yet. This seemed like a decent idea, though.

Yrx said:
I like how NO ONE listened to me. Now I have to go look for a source, dangit.
Nor me. Second post in the thread answers the question, and people *still* panic!

Back