Desert Bus Remake

Minkoff

Hey guys! I love bringing my GP2X (and a few sets of batteries) on eight-hour car rides, but too often it isn't as fulfilling as I expect it to be... I mean, sure, emulators, homebrew, linux, video, audio; it's all great, but I've always somehow envied the guy sitting in the driver's seat. Sitting there, driving, for eight hours straight... it just seems so... thrilling. I'm sure you feel the same way. Pretty much everyone I know does. Well, your troubles are over, because surely one of the few developers talented enough to take this project on will. It could very well wind up being the GP2X's "killer app":

A remake of the popular Sega CD game, Desert Bus!

http://torrentfreak.com/desert-bus-the-torrent/ said:
Desert bus is probably one of the best games ever. Unfortunately the game was never released, until now. 11 years after the planned release date Waxy is hosting a torrent for this mythical game. The game is part of a long-lost Penn and Teller videogame.

The goal of the game is pretty straightforward. You have to drive a Bus through the desert from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas. The hard part is that the whole trip is in real-time, so it takes 8 hours at least. And it gets even better:

There is no scenery or even other cars on the road, just plain desert, for 8 hours. Oh, and your bus veers to the right just slightly, so it’s impossible to just tape down a button and go do something else. Rumor has it that if you make it to Vegas, you score one point.

If you make this, I will donate every penny (there are more than one) in my PayPal account to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back