Desktop Skype using QEMU?

dd just blindly copies what you feed it, including the header sectors that include information about the partition n stuff. However, unless the image came from the whole card, it does *not* contain the MBR with its partition table which tells the device where the partition starts. Dumping an image of a partition onto a RAW device will pretty much end up in useless garbarage, one definitely needs to create a partition to overwrite just so the device knows where to search for it.

Well, I created the partition, and tried copying it to that. It went for over six hours, and only did about 5.6 gigabytes in that amount of time. The bitrate of the copy dropped linearly, so I killed it. I think the card broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now it's reporting a block size of less than 3000, and it copies 10 megabytes and says it's full. I am unable to fix this by removing and recreating partitions. So I give up I guess.

I won't be trying it. At least not until after I've gotten the Pyra. I can't afford a new SD card right now, as I'm saving all my money for that. And I can't figure out what happened to this one.

ah i understand you.

Maybe i will experiment a little more with Skype when i have more Time ;)

Have too much little projects for now,sorry :)

That's fine! :) I would just use IM+, but the web client for that does not run on the Pandora. It should on the Pyra though.

AFAIK Skype uses several anti-disassembly tricks (self-modifying code and the like), which also prevents it from working in emulators. This was a design decision preventing skype protocol from reverse-engineering. When I last read some papers on the subject (2012), the analysis of the protocol was far from complete.

Another interresting Idea is the Java Emulator for Mobile Phones.

Anyone tried the .jar Version from the Mobile Phones?

We have the MicroJava Emulator on the Repo and

maybe it work with Pandora and this Skype ;)

Just an Idea.

Back