Devil 64 Newest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickle said:
so what 20 more rar's to go?
He said 14. And each costs him 13 precious minutes upload time. Since he's so busy (as a successful musician) he has to use his whole bandwidth and time to send music to his customers. That's why he can only upload one every few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
so what 20 more rar's to go?

According to him, only 14.
And it's a ZIP filled with Parts of RARs... you know, those old annoying pirate copy tricks.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
And it's a ZIP filled with Parts of RARs... you know, those old annoying pirate copy tricks.

You're not fair here, combining zip and rar allow you to get the best compression ratio. This was realy need when the bandwidth wasn't what it is nowadays so this is not realy related to pirate (even if the pirate are the only one that need that much bandwidth :D )
Even splitted at 1M this sound like, at least, a 14M rar archive. Uncompressed that's about 100M of data. Even counting compilators and interpreters needed to run devil64 (knowing he numbers of languages involved) I cant see how devil64 can use that much storage space (as a way to compare mupen64.pnd is 2.5M and this is without zip or rar compression).
So this is official now : DEVIL64 ship with roms :D

Wait! Maybe the emulator just LOOKS like music? Maybe because it's unfinished - it resembles music for now? Just by some MAGIC coincidence, the bits and bytes lay down and by PURE coincidence made up a bunch of poems and music sheets? I dunno... Perhaps not XD

EvilDragon said:
I'm puzzled though - does the DC Music mean it can also emulate a Dreamcast?
What do you mean with "also"? Since a RISC is a RISC is a RISC he just uses a DreamCast emulator core to run the N64 code. As it's all RISC code translating it is trivial but unfortunately requires 295 megabytes of lookup tables. Which are implemented in music notation because that' obviously the best format for RISC-to-RISC translation lookup tables.

sebt3 said:
Even counting compilators and interpreters needed to run devil64 (knowing he numbers of languages involved) I cant see how devil64 can use that much storage space (as a way to compare mupen64.pnd is 2.5M and this is without zip or rar compression).
So this is official now : DEVIL64 ship with roms :D

CrazyRetro stated the emulator needs the flashed version of the ROM to work, which apparently is that big...
Still that does not explain how it could contain Dreamcast music and poems, also I can't see how he would want to load 300MB into the RAM of the Wiz (or is he constantly going to swap files out of the memory?)
But yeah the days of thoughtful speculation are definitely over, let's just get some popcorn and wait ;)

foxblock out

Edit: Let's make a game to guess what's in the next part: I am guessing it will contain Schubert's lost 7th sinfonia ;)

So happy this thread is still going :D I have total confidence this is real... I'm going to hold my breath now until it's released :wacko:

Tickles said:
So happy this thread is still going :D I have total confidence this is real... I'm going to hold my breath now until it's released :wacko:

Should we send over an ambulance in advance?

Don't even try kidding about someone making virus for the Wiz, we really don't need more things to brick the console for us to worry about (although maybe Gamepark would love the idea to force us to buy the Caanoo XD)

foxblock said:
Edit: Let's make a game to guess what's in the next part: I am guessing it will contain Schubert's lost 7th sinfonia ;)

Ok, I'll play your game you rogue... I'm gessing that it will contain "Leck mich im Arsch" from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (for you that don't know better, search Wikipedia and you'll see that it makes a lot of sense for the sake of this hoax XD)

The Next ROLF (& CrazyRetro) Project(64)

80932290.png

Coming soon :lol:

Mr 2X said:
The Next ROLF (& CrazyRetro) Project(64)

80932290.png

Coming soon :lol:
From the picture it looks like the emulator is Linux based so it should be able to be ported the Wiz and Pandora in 1 day. Mario is a strong linux supporter....picking up penguins to save them and all.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back