Did anyone tried "Lone Wolf" for Android on the Pandora ?

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
I'm curious to know if Joe Dever's Lone Wolf game for Android is Playable on the Pandora, because it's the only Android device I have (and this can be a good reason to start using it)... and because I have seen it on the Humble Bundle store just now.

Looks like its android 3.0, so unless Notaz decides to give us a KItKat option then nope :(

:°(

Maybe I'll have a look at that official android emulator with my pc then...

Well I downloaded the Lone wolf saga for android on the Pandora and it works fine, is that the one you meant?

Oh man! I know that Android  gets like zero love by many hardcore members here but there are many of us who would greatly appreciate your efforts!!

Oh man! I know that Android  gets like zero love by many hardcore members here but there are many of us who would greatly appreciate your efforts!!
Well then they should play with my android rom.   ;)

Personally I will probably be using Linux more often than Android but there are a LOT of great games that I would like to be able to play on here that are available on ARM for Android but not Linux.

Looks like its android 3.0, so unless Notaz decides to give us a KItKat option then nope :(
My Pandora just got shipped today so hopefully I can get you guys some Kit-Kat in the near future.
Not sure the Pandora has enough power to run it properly, though...
Yeah I need to look at the memory requirements. Google has done a lot of work to make the system image less demanding for lower end phones, and there are some REALLY low powered handsets coming out with comparable/weaker hardware to the Pandora, and still running Kit-Kat at a usable speed. We also don't need all of the crap running in the radio layer. I can definitely get it running but I will need to do a LOT of tweaking for it to run quickly. 

Main issue will probably be the version of GLib (and a few other system libs) that is too old, at least to make a PND of Kitkat. If you plan to do a full os release, of course, it's different....

Last edited by a moderator:
Main issue will probably be the version of GLib (and a few other system libs) that is too old, at least to make a PND of Kitkat. If you plan to do a full os release, of course, it's different....
That was my plan. Is the Gingerbread ROM a PND running on top of Linux? How on earth does that work at a usable speed?

That was my plan. Is the Gingerbread ROM a PND running on top of Linux? How on earth does that work at a usable speed?
It kills all the desktop environment processes and perhaps other non-essential processes before launching. Also once you run the PND and run throught the installer and create the android image file, the PND becomes just a launcher, Android doesn't run within the PND..

It kills all the desktop environment processes and perhaps other non-essential processes before launching. Also once you run the PND and run throught the installer and create the android image file, the PND becomes just a launcher, Android doesn't run within the PND..
Wow that is a really neat solution. But being that It will almost certainly need newer core libraries I will probably be stuck building an alternate system image. 

I 'll start with an alternate image and then do some digging to see what I can convince it to do.

You renembered me that i tried a few BeagleBoard Omap3530 Premade TI Android Images on the Pandora.

Tried to copy the Pandora Kernel inside this Images,did not work.

Tried to fit the boot.txt,did not worked.

It has everytime end with a Blackscreen here.

Searched Config Files for other ScreenResolutions..not found with my little Linux Knowledge.

I wish Android 4.x for Pandora too ;)

Back