Did You Get Your Retail Wiz? Post About It Here!

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
The Wiz has started shipping and soon (probably tomorrow) many people around here will have their shiny new Wiz!

So it's time for new users to start letting everyone know their impressions. Feel free to post photos too. :) This is basically the 3rd gen GP32, and we need some more good old fashioned GP enthusiasm on this site! Even non-Wiz owners (like me, for now) around here should be interested. I know I am.

So get posting!

Hi Prophet!

Here in Germany many people (including me) get the Wiz yesterday allready.

Our local dealer (better known as EvilDragon ;) ) sold 200 units and is sold out at the moment.

Here's a thread on the german forum with many photos and videos:

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7068

Regards,
Stephan

Congrats to German Wiz owners. Nice photos there sbock. The packaging is definitely more elaborate this time.

Peter R posted on May 17 2009 at 12:24 PM said:
As mine was a pre-release one I don't have nice packaging :(. However, my Wiz does run at 800mhz which seems pretty awesome.
I got my wiz last night, and I'm planning on writing a long (LONG) review of it, detailing everything I can spot. Hopefully an in-depth review won't go un-noticed. There are a lot I'd like GPH to address in the next firmware (or anyone else who decides to release a firmware).

Last edited by a moderator:
chickendung posted on May 17 2009 at 01:11 PM said:
I'll be receiving mine on Monday. I may do an un-boxing video.
I really wanted to, but I don't have a camera :(

jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 02:47 PM said:
Ahh... Too bad. I guess I have even more reason to do it then.

I got my wiz on saturday im in the US and its working very well im enjoying it and am very excited about the future of the wiz

darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 05:00 PM said:
I got my wiz on saturday im in the US and its working very well im enjoying it and am very excited about the future of the wiz
Did you get yours from GP2XStore.com? Because I was hoping to get it on Saturday but I guess it won't be here until Monday. I chose Express USPS Shipping with my pre-order. Is Monday a safe bet?

EDIT: My Wiz shipping status changed to "In Transit" on the 15th.

chickendung posted on May 18 2009 at 12:49 AM said:
Did you get yours from GP2XStore.com? Because I was hoping to get it on Saturday but I guess it won't be here until Monday. I chose Express USPS Shipping with my pre-order. Is Monday a safe bet?

I did i guess im lucky maybe cause i live not too far from california im in oklahoma

darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 04:59 PM said:

I did i guess im lucky maybe cause i live not too far from california im in oklahoma
The GP2XStore is in california? no wonder I got mine so soon! I live in OC!

darkriku posted on May 17 2009 at 05:59 PM said:

Shite, dude. I'm in Utah!

Got my system from PA last Friday, shipped to Japan. Seems pretty good so far, button positions haven't been that annoying so far, although I haven't played anything too complex on it. It's my first GP console so I'm looking forward to see what kind of programs will be made for it.

originalz posted on May 17 2009 at 08:50 PM said:
Got my system from PA last Friday, shipped to Japan. Seems pretty good so far, button positions haven't been that annoying so far, although I haven't played anything too complex on it. It's my first GP console so I'm looking forward to see what kind of programs will be made for it.
Same here. First GPH Console, although I always wanted a GP2X. Never found one reasonably priced though...

Got mine from play-asia.

I had bought a gp2x on ebay, to tide me over whileI was waiting for the wiz.

Both units are soooo cool.

:D

jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 09:47 PM said:
I always wonder why people do that :wacko:
What's the point, and who cares?

b_o_b posted on May 18 2009 at 11:13 AM said:
jacksterson posted on May 17 2009 at 09:47 PM said:
I always wonder why people do that :wacko:
What's the point, and who cares?
I've actually really liked those videos.

For the person who does it, its a testament to an expensive investment, and he will always remember the excitement and satisfaction of opening it for the first time.

For the impatient and/or poor people (like me on both ends, heh, sorry gp2xstore!) , its fun to watch them open it and pretend its you. Hah

Back