Disappearing PNDs and other strangeness

howrd

Still Fresh
Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with PNDs disappearing from the desktop since the 1.55 update? Sometimes when they are around they won't launch due to an input/output error. At first I though it has my SD, but I tried re-flashing and using another card (although my spare is also rather suspect) to no effect.

I looked around on the forum but could find any similar threads. Is this a known issue or due to an unreliable SD?

Hi.

What's the card brand/model ?

There's a non-exhaustive compatibility chart somewhere in the wiki, but an idiot is currently blindly sabotaging it, i'm sorry not to be able to provide any link :/ .

I agree with Linux-SWAT it's probably related to your brand of SD Card, i can strongly recommend the SanDisk Ultra or the SanDisk Extreme cards, generally speaking the higher quality the card the better your Pandora will like it. Also love your av howrd Mr Spock rules!

I had random troubles with some Ultra. I now use Extreme, or the even better Extreme pro.

Note that other brands have also good cards.

I had random troubles with some Ultra. I now use Extreme, or the even better Extreme pro.

Note that other brands have also good cards.
i'm curious what troubles, mine has worked flawlessly but then again i only use it for keeping compressed dumps of my old PS1 games on so not much data transfered or moved. The Extreme is my main one and i also have a 8GB SanDisk just for Qemu stuff

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, Mr Spock happened because I asked my girlfriend what I should have as an avatar. He seems to get a good response on Linux forums and the like, which is quite logical. :)

I've started using a different SD which came with a rather fetching 'Raspberry Pi' sticker on it so I don't have a clue what brand it is, but everything seems to be OK.

Does seem strange that my other SD card is at fault when I'd been using for many many months (http://media.panasonic.eu/images/RP-SDU04GD1K-HiRes-Image__Image--%5B1%5D%28%28Europe%29%29-1WebA1001001A11F17B45034D17748.jpg - as you can see, I tend to buy SD cards based on novelty stickers instead of, y'know, if they're any good).

It happened when i compiled Libre Office on Slackware. I needed a 64G card for it.

I had a few I/O errors reported by the logs.

Back