Disassemble Gp2x - Step By Step

euro48k

Website
Visit site
hello everybody

almost 1 year later .. annoying dust particles inside and "on-screen"
how do i clean that zone?

noticed no screws on the back .. 4 empty holes .. and behind that "personal entertainment player" no
hidden screw` ..just a little "bump"

if there`s a "step-by-step" on how to open the console .. please help me :)
thankyou

euro48k said:
hello everybody

how do i clean that zone?

noticed no screws on the back .. 4 empty holes .. and behind that "personal entertainment player" no
hidden screw` ..just a little "bump"

if there`s a "step-by-step" on how to open the console .. please help me :)
thankyou
I believe those holes contain screws, you need a tiny phillips screwdriver and a lot of force. The steps are as follows:

1. Unscrew screws <- This is the Tricky part
2. Remove backplate (some violence might be necessary)

That procedure worked for me at least... (Provided my memory isn't playing tricks on me)

/Åke "Cazed" Forslund

Last edited by a moderator:
empty holes ..

so .. violence .. sounds good
just tell me do i need to avoid something?
joystick cap goes off?
power on-off will fall ?
any button that will fall after removing backplate?

- backplate is down

what next ?

screen cover is "glued" ..

i could use a cutter but i don`t want a single scratch on my beauty .. i know that`s the easiest way

screen cover isn't glued as such, just uses a sticky substance, lift one corner and "peel". Clean out dust and reattach in a dust free room.

oh yes it is .. i tried with a sharp blade . .damn
well .. i gave up ..
now i have annoying dust + a brand new scratch in the left corner
nice ..designed to distract attention

:(

Fancy using a sharp blade, You should have used something like a credit card or a plastic bladed filling knife.

It also looks as though you rushed into doing it too, As your reply was only 7 minutes after Squidge`s post above yours.

Take your time next time, Don`t rush into things like this if you haven`t done it before, As it is a sure fire way of doing something wrong or causing damage which could have been avoided. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Is there any way of getting replacement screws? Mine are pretty f*cked up from the first time I opened my gp2x..
You need ALOT of force to open the damn thing

gavie said:
Is there any way of getting replacement screws? Mine are pretty f*cked up from the first time I opened my gp2x..
You need ALOT of force to open the damn thing
They're phillips pan head machine screws.. not sure what size though... probably #4-40 if they're imperial or like 3 x 0.60 mm if they're metric. I'd just take one out and head to your local hardware store.

euro48k said:
This has been suggested many times in the GP32Spain forums, perhaps you can try:

Rub a balloon against a t-shirt, so it gets charged.
Then move the balloon over the GP2X screen, and you will be able to remove the dust to the borders (or even outside) the screen.

CoMiKe said:
euro48k said:
This has been suggested many times in the GP32Spain forums, perhaps you can try:

Rub a balloon against a t-shirt, so it gets charged.
Then move the balloon over the GP2X screen, and you will be able to remove the dust to the borders (or even outside) the screen.

Very nice idea! I took apart my '2X to remove those annoying dust particles... The LCD ribbon that goes to the screen seems to let dust in, so I sprayed that part with compressed air (it kinda worked...), but your solution should be less annoying and potentially hazardous to do.

Back