Discussion about the future of tablets/computing (Split from other thread)

CAZMIESTER

Thats a shame. By the way what kind of hardware they used at the time for MK?

T-Unit @ 6.25 MHz [MK/MK2/NBA]

Y-Unit @ 6.25 MHz [MK]

X-Unit @ @ 10 MHz [Revolution X]
basically a 32 bit programable graphics processor also to note there are a plerora of usb keyboard cum notebook type addons availabe for less than £15-£20 in all stores ie hmv and pc world so bassically you have a laptop and android "IS" the way forward loving my transformer prime totally dumped on my dual core laptop in the benchmark trials and does everything it does and more never thought id say this but microsoft better get there act together the days of £50-£150 for an os are over.
ound=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Main CPU : TMS34010 @ 6.25 MHz

Main CPU : TMS34010 @ 6.25 MHz

Sound CPU : M6809 @ 2 MHz

Sound chip : YM2151 @ 3.57958 MHz, OKI 6295 @ 8 KHz, 51, 51)]Sound CPU : M6809 @ 2 MHz

Sound chip : YM2151 @ 3.57958 MHz, OKI 6295 @ 8 KHz

later systems moved on to state of the art DCS system for sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats a shame. By the way what kind of hardware they used at the time for MK?

T-Unit @ 6.25 MHz [MK/MK2/NBA]

Y-Unit @ 6.25 MHz [MK]

X-Unit @ @ 10 MHz [Revolution X]
basically a 32 bit programable graphics processor also to note there are a plerora of usb keyboard cum notebook type addons availabe for less than £15-£20 in all stores ie hmv and pc world so bassically you have a laptop and android "IS" the way forward loving my transformer prime totally dumped on my dual core laptop in the benchmark trials and does everything it does and more never thought id say this but microsoft better get there act together the days of £50-£150 for an os are over. MHz, OKI 6295 @ 8 KHz[/backgrolater systems moved on to state of the art DCS system for sound.

I agree. I don't know why some people can't see it's ARM and Android/iOS which are the future.

I agree. I don't know why some people can't see it's ARM and Android/iOS which are the future.

The future of what? Tablets, maybe. For a desktop computer, and for people who actually want to make something with their computer, you need desktop software.

Tablets are just for "consumers".

The future of what? Tablets, maybe. For a desktop computer, and for people who actually want to make something with their computer, you need desktop software.

Which is about 90% of the market so!!!!!!!!!!!
Also android has taken great strides in the last 12 months and can only get better and software devs are taking note with more people releasing apps freeware is the way forward the old clunky charge to use model is broken.Also tablets maybe?who just now doesnt own a tablet ? i swore id never go down that route but even im sold on it now tablets are cheaper more powerful and affordable id like to see how many desktops got sold to laptops and tablets id say 2-1 in favour of tablets.

Willing to bet money on that future?

Consumers are almost the entire market.

People saying Android/iOS/ARM are not the future are simply not keeping up to date with the state of things.

Have to say I raised my eyebrows on the Pandora Android release thread where several people who had been vocal about why the Pandora should NOT run Android had clearly never even tried Android...

People saying Android/iOS/ARM are not the future are simply not keeping up to date with the state of things.

Have to say I raised my eyebrows on the Pandora Android release thread where several people who had been vocal about why the Pandora should NOT run Android had clearly never even tried Android...
Well put i always keep an open mind unfortunately alot of people dont like big companies so will always rebel no mater what imho i think android is google taking a huge dump down microsofts throat they guys have made there money and have taken this route because they can and i reckon will continue until microsoft change there strategy which will be? never.

I don't care if 95% of "consumers" use tablets. You can't produce anything with those things.

There will ALWAYS be desktop environment for creators, programmers, graphic designers and so on.

And in terms of ergonomy, Android and iOS feel so passé. Having to scroll 20 times through huge icons is hardly the best way to navigate through your apps.

In Linux I can find a program among the thousands of apps installed in less than 2 seconds.

Tablets are a joke. And they're completely closed and locked down (especially Apple's products). No thanks.

They may be the future, but not the future I'm interested in. Which is exactly why I own an Pandora, and not some sad Android device.

And in terms of ergonomy, Android and iOS feel so passé. Having to scroll 20 times through huge icons is hardly the best way to navigate through your apps.

In Linux I can find a program among the thousands of apps installed in less than 2 seconds.

I could make a similar ridiculous comment about Linux, but I won't because I'm well aware you can customise to a huge degree on both devices.

Well, android does what it was designed for: Making mobile devices like tablets and phones useable.

I personally like a linux desktop a lot better than android on a PC with high res screen.

Android is more flexible than most people expect.

Exactly, Google know what they are doing and they fully intend to replace MS.

I had a long chat with a google employee over a few drinks 4 years ago and he explained the entire plan to me back then, and it has gone exactly as he said it would.

The next step is Laptops.

Android docks are the future! moaaaaarrr....
Im thinking the same android is a stepping stone for whats to come you can really see the improvements from early cupcake to ice cream sandwich as more features and interactivity become available windows is becoming a dying light.

This thread was originally part of "Mortal Kombat on Mame?" in Pandora General Talk, and has been split out to here as it wasn't relevant to that thread.

@cazmeister - Since the forum software puts you as the parent-poster now that this has been split out, please do feel free to change the thread title if you want to. I couldn't really think of a very good one, so I just took the descriptive route with it. :p

This thread was originally part of "Mortal Kombat on Mame?" in Pandora General Talk, and has been split out to here as it wasn't relevant to that thread.

@cazmeister - Since the forum software puts you as the parent-poster now that this has been split out, please do feel free to change the thread title if you want to. I couldn't really think of a very good one, so I just took the descriptive route with it. :p
No probs ill leave that at the moderators descresion.

Back