Djing Setup, Xponent?

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
Herro,

I've been playing with idea of getting a DJ setup.
I'd like to be able to properly deejay techno (mixes, remixes, etc) and rap (mixes, blends, chop and screw, etc)
so I was looking at the Xponent then just hook up time coded vinyl.

Questions:

Xponent = do want?
which turntables should I get?
software? Deckadence? Virtual DJ? Serato? Torq?

Thanks

and sorry if ive come to completely the wrong place xD
I dont really trust any other forums tho..

People can look at you funny if you don't possess a set of Technics 1210s turntables. They are the benchmark for all others to follow..

Whatever you do re: budget etc.. for god sake don't get belt driven turntables, get the direct driven ones - they don't break as easy and are waaaaaaaay more responsive. Also you may need to think about your recording options on the mixer (e.g. sound outputs). The last thing you want to do is do a blinding mix and only the people in the room heard it!

Not sure about software.. as I don't use it.. only Sound Forge for recording purposes. Make sure you have a good satellite speaker and headphones and you can mix in by ear relatively easy enough.

Hope this helps :)

If you've got the cash, I highly recommend the Kaoss Pad. You can get some brilliant effects with those babies.

Your mixer needs to be bullet proof. I had a Silver metallic Numark one in University and the crossfader collected ash and bits of roach card like nobody's business. We had to keep tipping it out the window at around 6am.. :p Ah the days.. I had a look on Google and the mixers Stanton does seem pretty cool. Also for headphones - I recommend Sennheiser. I think Shure make headphones too but they are way over priced for what they are.

The Xponent would be good for bedroom dj'ing and very small gatherings.. a much chunkier metal one will go the distance if you intend to do parties, outdoor events. Put it this way, you accidentally tip a beer onto the Xponent it will probably fry, if you tip a beer onto a mixer like this Stanton SA5 it will carry on banging out the tunes..

So to sum up with a mixer you have to weigh up the pros and cons of durability vs functionality. Hope this helps..

hmm
this does help

now, im very careful with equipment
so my question is mainly in if it would work for parties in terms of being able to put out that good of sound and what not

the stanton looks damn nice tho :p

Back