Do Any Open-source Opengl Es 2.0 Graphics Engines Actually Exist?

lulzfish

Pandora Defense Squad
Website
troyanonymous.homelinux.com
Exactly what it says in the title:
I've tried looking for a graphics engine like Irrlicht or OGRE3D that already has an OGLES 2 renderer, but I couldn't find anything. Just a couple of OGLES 1.1 engines and numerous OGL desktop engines.

Do any OGLES 2-based graphics engines even exist?

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47542

Last edited by a moderator:
OGRE and Irrlicht are going to be ported AFAIK. There were posts about them in the past, but I don't know what the status quo is.

And of course lwjgl, and through that the jMonkeyEngine.

I advise you check out the engine that comes with the PVR SDK. Not really much more you need if you ask me.

It's kind of hard to expect much support when hardly any OGLES2 devices are on the market.

Ahhh right, but that doesn't change anything and that thread has been pretty well answered. Anyway you could probably fairly trivially compile the PVR Engine using full OGL2 (ES is a subset after all), if you can't get the emulator to work.

lulzfish said:
I'll figure something out, thanks.

Just go for something major that is going to be ported sooner or later. OGRE will be ported some time in the future, depend on it.

I have some projects running that I build on lwjgl. lwjgl isn't ported... yet. But it will. The authors say so themselves. And if they don't, I probably could.
And if it never will get ported, by anyone: I use jME which is very modular, so I could just write another renderer for it for the Pandora if it comes down to that.

Back