Do You Have Such A Feeling?!

fargo

I’d like to know if others in this forum feel guilty after playing video games or browsing the Internet for too long! I feel guilty when spending long time playing and browsing instead of being with my family (wife & kids). I also keep thinking about those in need who cannot afford food and shelter! I become sad for them and feel too selfish.

Is this normal?!

Fargo said:
I’d like to know if others in this forum feel guilty after playing video games or browsing the Internet for too long! I feel guilty when spending long time playing and browsing instead of being with my family (wife & kids). I also keep thinking about those in need who cannot afford food and shelter! I become sad for them and feel too selfish.

Is this normal?!
Matter of priorities, should feel guilty for neglecting your games, wasting time with the wife and kids like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you respect others and treat them the way you would like to be treated then you are not selfish. From your post you do NOT appear to be a selfish man in my opinion! And a little time out for yourself is OK! :)

Most people in this world are FUCKS though, and that's why people starve... :angry:

:eek: Edit: Sorry missed this: "Is this normal?!" Quite normal. You're rejecting the whorism which is 'consumer capitalism'... Not many sheep do that. Rejoice! You took the red pill! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I could spend the time I am on the internet with my fiancee or my friends. Problem is I am usually doing something with my computer when nobody is available for a socially more wholesome activity (I am utterly proud of that phrase. Please do not read too much into it).

If you want to spend time with your family but at the same time don't want to get away from the screen, consider that you might be addicted. In that case see professional help to get rid of your family computer addicion. Or, you know, just stop using it when you don't need it. Either way works.

And I don't think about those in need, I have enough problems of my own.

Fru.T Bunn said:
If you respect others and treat them the way you would like to be treated then you are not selfish. From your post you do NOT appear to be a selfish man in my opinion! And a little time out for yourself is OK! :)

Most people in this world are FUCKS though, and that's why people starve... :angry:

:eek: Edit: Sorry missed this: "Is this normal?!" Quite normal. You're rejecting the whorism which is 'consumer capitalism'... Not many sheep do that. Rejoice! You took the red pill! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn right. The brainwashed do not even think about it as you do. So you are one of the lucky people still being sensitive to other humans.

Always question why you do things. Do you do them because it makes you happy or because you are told that it will make you happy?

A little egoism is not a bad thing because noone should neglect their ego. Everybody is his first priority and should be. One should not forget though, that all people share a common responsibility for our planet and mankind. If survival is the highest priority (which it comes down to essentially), then people need to realize that our whole social system and culture needs to survive to keep us alive most efficiently. It doesn't matter if one ant survives. They are only noteworthy and lively if there is a hive.

Also, yes I sometimes feel like that aswell ^^. If I surf for too long or play videogames for a whole day I always feel like I wasted my time and should have been doing something else. On the other hand, I do so many things with my friends and girlfriend, with family and the gang. I can't even keep up with videogaming sometimes :p
It evens out.

Also: I've got a terrible hangover. We sat by a lake and got terribly wankered. 3 shots tequila with salt and lemon, two bottles of red wine (rioja and spät burgunder). Fuck, I kicked a trashcan out of the ground for no reason.
Woooohooo, vandalism!!!

Well, you see I look at it differenly. I use my computer and games as a way of getting away from family and friends. Like listening to music, the time is mine and although I would spend it just surfing the net, listening to music or playing something I still do most of my thought provoking thinking at those times. Its during those times that i have been able to reassess my life and work out what would be the best course of action. So There really is no need to feel guilty for neglecting family and friends to be on a computer. Remember, Friends and Family are for life. A computer or video games wont be as most people end up growing out of video games and the use of computers becomes more corporate.

Oh, and 3 shots of tequila with salt and lemon and 2 bottles of red wine is nothing. If you're going to do it properly, do it properly.

Thank you all for the replies.

Yah, I think I'm addicted. I just need to quit that and spend more time with family. Smashing some gadgets might help :D

I'm not Christian by the way.

Sphinxter said:
Matter of priorities, should feel guilty for neglecting your games, wasting time with the wife and kids like that.
good reply ;)

Back