Do You Intend To Re-order?

do you intend to re-order?

• yes, i have re-ordered or will do shortly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, im out for good.

• no, but i'll probably order from the second batch instead.

• Total voters

I'm fully behind it, reordered as lightning.
And there is only one thing I'd have loved maybe even more than the 256MB of RAM, and that'd be a transflective screen that's viewable under sunlight. That'll probably be for P2, I hope.

BTW, if the 190 people that has already voted are representative of the whole, then from a total of 3800 first-batchers, 3300 would reorder, 140 wont, and 360 will wait for the second batch.

Finally got the refund email... don't see anything in my bank yet. I'm going to have to really think hard about reordering. This whole process has been a mess and I'm losing faith in the finally product. Maybe I'll just wait to see how it turns out and get one from the second batch. Too bad because I was really looking forward to deving for the thing.

The options on this poll don't cover my sittuation (and I suppose alot of other people too).
Im not canceling my order, but Im not sending my cash without any protection either.
And I'll probably hold off reordering till I've seen some more promising news.

People are clinging onto Febuary as if its holy writ all of a sudden, just like they were the end of Nov, and December.
That is not 100% likely.
So although I don't doubt the Pandora's coming, and I know its gonna kick serious ass, I've reached a stage where Im not expecting it anytime soon, and I might eventually reach a point where I might switch to something else.

maxSteiner said:
The options on this poll don't cover my sittuation (and I suppose alot of other people too).
Im not canceling my order, but Im not sending my cash without any protection either.
I'm not going to reorder until they get their shit straightened out with the bank and how to properly take reorders. I'm not sending a bank transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eniko said:
TaG said:
Consider them marked.
<offtopic>My mental voice for you from now on will be Norrington's</offtopic>
"Mark my words" is such a weird phrase, I always think of that quote now when someone says it. :D

maxSteiner said:

People are clinging onto Febuary as if its holy writ all of a sudden, just like they were the end of Nov, and December.
That is not 100% likely.
So although I don't doubt the Pandora's coming, and I know its gonna kick serious ass, I've reached a stage where Im not expecting it anytime soon, and I might eventually reach a point where I might switch to something else.
Such outrageous comments they are almost blasphemous! You will surely be flamed to hell! ;) Actually, I can understand why people would hold off. Which raises the question of when the cc reorder will be up and for how long. How very dare you suggest that they might not even achieve February! The point about switching is also valid - everybody would eventually reach a point of no return; for some it will be sooner than others.

In the meantime, we watch, we wait, we enjoy the ride.

Well, I'll reorder when I get my refund.

I've got my email, but after almost a week, nothing's been credited.

Also, I'd prefer to reorder via credit card.

I reordered this morning.
In a couple of hours I'll have the receipt from barclays bank of the transaction, but how am I supposed to be notified from pandora's team? It's not a site-order with a sort of automatism or whatsoever. As bank transfer motivation I wrote my name, surname, email and pandora reorder. Do you think will be enough?

paolo said:
I reordered this morning.
In a couple of hours I'll have the receipt from barclays bank of the transaction, but how am I supposed to be notified from pandora's team? It's not a site-order with a sort of automatism or whatsoever. As bank transfer motivation I wrote my name, surname, email and pandora reorder. Do you think will be enough?
You must add your order-number, that's the important info! You should send them an email and let them confirm, that they tie the transfer to your order-number, now that you transfered already.

Edit:
I don't know the practise in Craig's shop, but in the German shop you get an account and you can log in to see the current status of your order.

aliking said:
I don't really get the thought process in not reordering but going for the second batch.
The thought process is one from a purely financial standpoint.

In the initial order, I had a US$20 "Currency Conversion" fee from my credit card company. If
I do get a refund, I will be out that fee, plus an additional US$50 or so due to the actual currency
conversions.

Wire transfer? no thanks -- that will run me about US$45.

Another Credit Card order? Great -- there's another US$20 conversion fee that I am going to have
to eat, plus it sounds like there will be an additional CC fee from the Pandora Team (which is against
the rules for CC transactions to charge a "Card Use Fee").

Does that make it easier to see why some of us would be less willing to buy again? We want to
make sure that things are in place and not going through this trial and error phase where we end
up paying bank fees only to be told, "Ooops, we need to do it again."

I am not trying to be cynical here, but I shelled out US$370 for a pandora (including bank fees),
and I do not want to have to throw good money after bad.

And for the record, no, I still have not received a refund email, nor a refund on my CC, so this info
is purely speculatory. I am hoping it does not happen, for the above reasons, but if it does it will be
a while before I re-order.

bt garner said:
Another Credit Card order? Great -- there's another US$20 conversion fee that I am going to have
to eat, plus it sounds like there will be an additional CC fee from the Pandora Team (which is against

That's what I thought too.

In Australia at least, it's actually against the law for retailers to pass on the credit card fee to the customer.

Don't know how it works in the UK, but I would have thought it would be the same.

Chip said:
With everything else going on, we can not afford to cover the 1.5-2% fee like we did last time. It sucks, but it's only an extra $5 or so for each of you.
What about the V.A.T. rate for UK/EU customers - won't reorders be charged at the new 15% rate that came into force Dec. 1st rather than the higher one before (17.5%)?
If price totals are unchanged, won't that mean they're going to be paying an additional 2%+ or so anyway?

White Demon said:
bt garner said:

That's what I thought too.

In Australia at least, it's actually against the law for retailers to pass on the credit card fee to the customer.

Don't know how it works in the UK, but I would have thought it would be the same.

?

If you buy a plane ticket on ryanair for instance or other flyers, the final price can change depending on the CC payment card selection..

Asmo said:
Chip said:
With everything else going on, we can not afford to cover the 1.5-2% fee like we did last time. It sucks, but it's only an extra $5 or so for each of you.
What about the V.A.T. rate for UK/EU customers - won't reorders be charged at the new 15% rate that came into force Dec. 1st rather than the higher one before (17.5%)?
If price totals are unchanged, won't that mean they're going to be paying an additional 2%+ or so anyway?
You could be right - I guess it depends on what the instructions are when the CC page goes live.

By pay more, I assume you mean the net amount will be more and the total will stay the same.

TaG said:
You could be right - I guess it depends on what the instructions are when the CC page goes live.

By pay more, I assume you mean the net amount will be more and the total will stay the same.
Exactly, the price stays the same (which I don't think anyone would have a problem with) - their take goes up that bit extra.

In the meantime with people doing Bank transfers of the amount they have been refunded (that's what I've seen people suggest to each other), if they didn't do it immediately the rate against the US Dollar in particular has shifted in the last few days, they could be returning more or less than the original sum, only CC orders will be made to pay the 'right' amount.

Trevor Bradley said:
Add to this things actually have downturned somewhat for many, and that 200GBP/$330US/$400CDN may be better spent on something other than a Pandora in 2009 for those who need the money for food/rent/pants.

...pants. I actually LOL'd on that one. i just hope your income isn't divided equally to 33.3% pants.

Fat Agnus said:
Trevor Bradley said:
Add to this things actually have downturned somewhat for many, and that 200GBP/$330US/$400CDN may be better spent on something other than a Pandora in 2009 for those who need the money for food/rent/pants.

...pants. I actually LOL'd on that one. i just hope your income isn't divided equally to 33.3% pants.

+1 :lol:

Back