Do you smoke? <Revisited>

Do you smoke?

• Total voters

I was in a bad place mentally when I was divorced. I had went cold turkey 4 years when my daughter was born but the depression and everything finally got to me. I honestly didn't want to live at that point. Smoking is nowhere near that level, but for sure if I end up quitting it'll have to be cold turkey again. Vaping for me is the same as smoking and even zero nicotine just makes it worse with cravings.

If you ever get that depressed enough as I was, then find someone to talk to. I was lucky enough that someone saw my downward spiral into depression and went above and beyond what a normal friend world do to pull me out of it.

I'd also have issues with you saying they're being considerate to those around them I often see people vaping that emit huge plumes of vapour that can make it hard to see where your going sometimes. And if they're smoking flavoured liquids you get smothered in second hand flavour.
I'm going to say unless I'm driving vape is so much easier to be around. I think vaping smells so much better, the fumes are not difficult to breath second hand, and most importantly the smell doesn't stick around. My Mom smokes and it is hard being in some rooms in her house, I have actually though of not visiting just because I didn't want to put up with the smell, especially in the winter where you can't go outside to get away from it. She went through a phase where she vaped for 4 years and wow, just wow, it was like being in a normal house, everything smelled so nice. The smell also doesn't seem to linger either. When she started smoking again I let her know I won't be visiting as often and I just can't visit during thanksgiving and Christmas unless I get a motel which probably would never happen and she is such an addict she just said 'that's fine'. When she was vaping she commented a few times it was worth giving up smoking just to have her non smoking kids visit more often. None of her kids smoke and none of her grandchildren so yeah. . .

For me I'd rather be around someone who vapes over someone who smokes, it is considerate to those who don't smoke. People that smoke probably don't think much of it but for those who don't smoke vape is a LOT easier to be around, like by a magnitude of a million or so.

That's very true, vaping is definitely better than smoking in terms of making places smell less awful. We had a few years between cigaretted being banned indoors and then these e-cigs coming about though, so I'm really comparing those situations. Originally I was in favour of people being allowed to vape indoors because its a better way of controlling drug dependency, but the way some people have upped the amount of vapour produced puts them in the same category as other louts for me, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I've tried cigarettes maybe once or twice in my life and I could never get past the taste and smell, holy shit is that stuff toxic. LOL

Growing up, there was always someone some place smoking(family, restaurant, airplane,etc), as it was the norm growing up back in the late 70's & 80's. In my late 20's I was introduced to Mary Jane, and have used it off and on ever since. I normally work construction, and they drug test, so when I'm working I have to stay clean due to mishaps, injuries, ect. Sadly, I haven't been able to work my day job in awhile, as I've been having some medical issues that prevent my normal line of work. Cannabis has been a God send during this time, as I used to use it for "fun", and now I use it to actually "live".

I like vaping it, as it's less harsh on the system, but that can be rather expensive, but vaping cannabis to me is the best, as it's light order, and can be used almost anyplace, anytime, anywhere. I'm in Sin City, and it's legal here, which is great, as it gives many options to many situations that meet all levels of need and or use. I always use a water based device, as to keep the harshness levels low, as I don't need new issues, while trying to correct old ones. So yes, I do smoke, just not cigs.

Chris

Back