Does Anybody Have A Dell Axim 51 Or 50

Website
www.predatorramboxxx.blogspot.com
Hey iam considering buying a dell axim v51 or v50 and i need to know first hand how it is.
I heard their was quake 1,2 fullspeed with 3 running fast
I heard a almost fullspeed psx emu/snes/nes/etc.
How good is the wifi better or worse than psp?
Is it like the zodiac for installing stuff?
Is the psx emu same or better on gp2x?
How is dosbox?
Thanks

predatorramboxxx said:
Hey iam considering buying a dell axim v51 or v50 and i need to know first hand how it is.
How is dosbox?
Thanks
It's great if you wanna use it for work with some games on the side. But I'm not sure if I'd buy it just for games.

If you do get it, Call of Duty 2 is also quite good. Azgard defence and Orions is also worth getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
predatorramboxxx said:
How is dosbox?
Thanks
It's great if you wanna use it for work with some games on the side. But I'm not sure if I'd buy it just for games.

If you do get it, Call of Duty 2 is also quite good. Azgard defence and Orions is also worth getting.

yeah i saw call of duty 2 at compusa and it looked awesome. is thier any games that have multiplayer. Iam using it for voip and internet and no dobut for games. i dont work besides summer so i dont need it for that but i saw it super cheap on ebay.

predatorramboxxx said:
icurafu said:
predatorramboxxx said:
How is dosbox?
Thanks

yeah i saw call of duty 2 at compusa and it looked awesome. is thier any games that have multiplayer. Iam using it for voip and internet and no dobut for games. i dont work besides summer so i dont need it for that but i saw it super cheap on ebay.

please tell me how dosbox is on it ?

I have an x51v and I cannot recommend it for games.

624mhz is great for full speed GBA, SNES etc but controls are terrible. I have not personally tried dosbox, but i imagine it would be a lot better than GP2X in terms of emulation quality, but not for controls!

Pro's: web, screen, media, ebooks (.lit files using microsoft reader)
Cons: controls - did i mention this before?! The 'dpad' is oval shape with a select button in the middle that is almost impossible to avoid hitting unless you have a really small thumb! The 4 hardware buttons are a bit sticky too. There are some PDA games which are entirely touch screen and work well. Emulated systems however are a bitch to control.

You install software through ActiveSync on XP, or with a special app on Vista (whose name I have forgotten). Many emulators are like .exe files which you can just drag and drop over using explorer. You can then set up your own folders for roms.

Don't get me wrong, I love my axim, but unless you are happy with PDA designed games, I could not recommend one for gaming on the go over a GP2X, PSP or similar dedicated system.

If you do end up getting one, I suggest the extended battery as an extra - it makes a big difference.

sataniC Virus said:
I have an x51v and I cannot recommend it for games.

624mhz is great for full speed GBA, SNES etc but controls are terrible. I have not personally tried dosbox, but i imagine it would be a lot better than GP2X in terms of emulation quality, but not for controls!

Pro's: web, screen, media, ebooks (.lit files using microsoft reader)
Cons: controls - did i mention this before?! The 'dpad' is oval shape with a select button in the middle that is almost impossible to avoid hitting unless you have a really small thumb! The 4 hardware buttons are a bit sticky too. There are some PDA games which are entirely touch screen and work well. Emulated systems however are a bitch to control.

You install software through ActiveSync on XP, or with a special app on Vista (whose name I have forgotten). Many emulators are like .exe files which you can just drag and drop over using explorer. You can then set up your own folders for roms.

Don't get me wrong, I love my axim, but unless you are happy with PDA designed games, I could not recommend one for gaming on the go over a GP2X, PSP or similar dedicated system.

If you do end up getting one, I suggest the extended battery as an extra - it makes a big difference.
thanks have you tried pocket dos and the amiga emu and the psx emu... also i seen multiple small bluepad controllers for it that work great and look fun to play snes games and nes...

Hi, Amiga emulator works fullspeed and is pretty compatible with most games. So too are SNES and NES.

PSX, I tried briefly ages ago and it looked pretty good (smooth, no graphical glitches), however there are way too few buttons for good control.

I have not tried pocket dos, must look it up.

Are those Blupad controllers connected by bluetooth? If so, battery life goes down hugely (I estimate by around 50%). However, if there is a control pad that clips into the EXT socket on the bottom and lets you play with the Axin held sideways, i think that would solve all the problems. I have not looked for one though ... let me know if you see one anywhere.

Basically the power of the axim makes it great for emulators, and if you can find a decent controller that does not eat the batteries you will be happy. If you can only find bluetooth controllers you will probably get frustrated.

BTW the axim is really good for loads of stuff and I hope you find a good controller to make it good for games too!

sataniC Virus said:
Hi, Amiga emulator works fullspeed and is pretty compatible with most games. So too are SNES and NES.

PSX, I tried briefly ages ago and it looked pretty good (smooth, no graphical glitches), however there are way too few buttons for good control.

I have not tried pocket dos, must look it up.

Are those Blupad controllers connected by bluetooth? If so, battery life goes down hugely (I estimate by around 50%). However, if there is a control pad that clips into the EXT socket on the bottom and lets you play with the Axin held sideways, i think that would solve all the problems. I have not looked for one though ... let me know if you see one anywhere.

Basically the power of the axim makes it great for emulators, and if you can find a decent controller that does not eat the batteries you will be happy. If you can only find bluetooth controllers you will probably get frustrated.

BTW the axim is really good for loads of stuff and I hope you find a good controller to make it good for games too!
controller here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTulLVj3Ww

Back