Does Street Fighter Iii 3Rd Strike Run In Fba2X?

lowtech

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I'm stumped. Just played Shock Troopers 2nd Squadw in Fba2x for the wiz so I'm sure I'm handling rom files fine, BUT, when I try to use the game Street fighter III: 3rd strike, the cache tool says "not found!" Experimentally, I changed the file name of the street fighter zip file to the shock troopers file name and the cache tool saw it that way fine. But with many internal files shown as missing.

so, my question is, does Fba2x for the wiz support Street fighter III: 3rd strike? (forgive me for my lack of finalburn alpha knowledge)

and, is the cache tool saying that it's not found because it can't see the zip or because the game isn't among the list of supported games?

any input is appreciated!

EDIT: 2 seconds after posting, I read this, from this thread at www.dcemu.co.uk, My linkhttp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85510

Sorry but don't hold your breath for cps3. It might be added in the PC version but it's not gonna run well at all on a 200mhz ARM cpu. Even if you can overclock to 280-300mhz it will run very slow. It has a hard time running on fba on the xbox 733mhz version.

So, basically I need to hold out for a cps3 emulator or a Finalburn alpha that supports cps3 games before I can play me some Street fighter III: 3rd strike?...I suddenly wanna buy a cryogenic freezer.....thaw me out when we get some cps3 !!!

lowtech said:
Hi everyone,

I'm stumped. Just played Shock Troopers 2nd Squadw in Fba2x for the wiz so I'm sure I'm handling rom files fine, BUT, when I try to use the game Street fighter III: 3rd strike, the cache tool says "not found!" Experimentally, I changed the file name of the street fighter zip file to the shock troopers file name and the cache tool saw it that way fine. But with many internal files shown as missing.

so, my question is, does Fba2x for the wiz support Street fighter III: 3rd strike? (forgive me for my lack of finalburn alpha knowledge)

and, is the cache tool saying that it's not found because it can't see the zip or because the game isn't among the list of supported games?

any input is appreciated!

EDIT: 2 seconds after posting, I read this, from this thread at www.dcemu.co.uk, My linkhttp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85510

Sorry but don't hold your breath for cps3. It might be added in the PC version but it's not gonna run well at all on a 200mhz ARM cpu. Even if you can overclock to 280-300mhz it will run very slow. It has a hard time running on fba on the xbox 733mhz version.

So, basically I need to hold out for a cps3 emulator or a Finalburn alpha that supports cps3 games before I can play me some Street fighter III: 3rd strike?...I suddenly wanna buy a cryogenic freezer.....thaw me out when we get some cps3 !!!
you could play alpha 3 or the vs games
relly no handheld has good controls for street fighter

Last edited by a moderator:
johnboyjr,

how cool is this, the very reason I downloaded shock troopers was because of reading YOUR post here at gp32x.de about getting it to work!

What other games do you play in finalburn alpha?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alien vs Predator(use to own cabnet) and Giga Wing(might be impossible to win) are two good cps 2 games mame seems to play both full speed

also the Fatal Fury series

Back