Doom - Extra Wads Doesn't Work?

bomb_dog

Still Fresh
Hi there guys,

I just cannot get the "extra wad" feature working in doom v10 for the (unlit) gp32. I've put the .wad files into 'game/doom', and both doom 1 and 2 work fine, but pressing 'extra wad' in the menu doesn't work with extra 'pwad' files there.

I've got 'halflife.wad' and 'simpsons.wad' in game/doom, but neither are recognised. I've also tried the doom64 and starwars wads, but it still says 'none' when trying to select them. No change in the text happens on the menu screen.

Am I putting them in the right place? I'm probably doing something stupid.

Its an ace conversion!

Thanks for any help.

Ace as in compressed? It doesn't read compressed wads.. You have to unace them if that's the case.

WINACE or WINRAR will do that.

Neither will it read .RAR, .ZIP or .GZ

If the wads are meant to be patched in with DEHacked, I don't think it works with those types of patches.

Also some wads that work in the PC Doom have slight flaws that the PC engine just trieds to work around where the GP32 version likes to cough them up.

If you mean it's ACE as in great, yeah, they did a superb job of the port. *Nod*

Winterkid posted on Dec 29 2005 at 09:02 PM said:
If you mean it's ACE as in great, yeah, they did a superb job of the port. *Nod*
Yes, sorry, thats what I meant - ace as in great!

I got the wads from the GP32X file archive in the add-ons section, so I imagine someones got them working properly....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for trying to help me.

Pushing left or right doesn't do anything on any of the options, for me.

Pushing 'A' on 'Game' cycles between 'commercial doom' and 'doom II', and changes
the other options, but does nothing on 'extra wad'.

Is that right? could it be that the wads not being picked up then?

Back