Doom Gpdoom V8 Help

H

hughes051

I have downloaded GPDoom V8 and put it in my gpmm folder and I have download some doom wads but the dam game will not load. So I download the other doom games but still no luck as its says I have no wads sorry no doom for you? can anyone advise me or tell me were the wads go

hughes051 posted on Apr 9 2005 at 02:32 PM said:
I have downloaded GPDoom V8 and put it in my gpmm folder and I have download some doom wads but the dam game will not load. So I download the other doom games but still no luck as its says I have no wads sorry no doom for you? can anyone advise me or tell me were the wads go
Did you put the wad files in the correct folder? They should be in game/doom so not in your gpmm folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nilsiboy posted on Apr 9 2005 at 02:46 PM said:
and why did you get v8?
i think theres even v10 available...

Sorry I put the doom in the gpmm folder and then created a doom folder in the gpmm dir. I will download version 10
Thx

WhizzBang posted on Apr 9 2005 at 03:18 PM said:
wad files in gp://game/doom

fxe in gpmm

ok this is what i have done. I have download the doomv10 file unzip it and put it in the game dir of my gp32 in that dir i have created a folder name Doom in side this dir i have a .wad file called 007TOWER.WAD which i downloaded. I have placed my doom.fxe in the gpmm folder. When i boot my gp32 I can see the doom icon so when i click to play it it tells me that there are no wads sorry no doom for you. I beleave I have to make sure that the .wads are doom/2/ compatable how can i find out it the one i am useing is compatable? as it might be the wad file

sometimes it even happens when you have all the corret files in the corret spots which is what happend to me and I had to reformate my SMC but Fenix and OpenSNES9xgp also didn't work

Allright, step by step instructions:

1.put the Doom .fxe into GPMM

2. create a folder called "DOOM" inside the "GAME" folder

3. Get you ORIGINAL Doom or Doom2 IWAD and place it in GAME\DOOM

4(optional): get some PWADS that work with your DOOM/DOOM2 WAD and place them in GAME\DOOM , too

5. Start the Doom .fxe

6. Play till your batteries die!

7. Get new ones.

8. Play till your batteries die!

9 get new ones

shinneri posted on Apr 9 2005 at 02:28 PM said:
Use v10

It's better, faster and Blu+ compatible.

Actually the newest v10 the saves for custom wads are still broke. I think Guyfawkes was going to fix it but gave up on it for now. I don't know when/if it will be fixed but you may have to use an older version to have BLU+ AND saves working.

DaveC posted on Apr 9 2005 at 01:17 PM said:
Actually the newest v10 the saves for custom wads are still broke. I think Guyfawkes was going to fix it but gave up on it for now. I don't know when/if it will be fixed but you may have to use an older version to have BLU+ AND saves working.
Huh.. I didn't know that. But I have yet to try any of the custom wads, so that's probably why.

Back