Doom to be finished ?

Betty 2001

My wish would be for whoever wrote the excellent Doom Program to finish it off with sound and the save feature working. For me this is one of those programs that could really convince others to buy a GP32.

Cheers.

Well, to my knowledge, Doom has been abandoned as a project. On the other hand, the source is avalable, so you could always try to find an errant coder and convince them to finish it...

Sound is not so important - but saving would be nice :)
I'm wondering how difficult it is to code a save function for the GP32. There are several ports (f.e. Elite) working great, but lacking a save function.

SatanClaus posted on Mar 6 2003 said:
There are several ports (f.e. Elite) working great, but lacking a save function.
Does anyone know where the Elite port can be dowloaded from now? The links I have seem to be dead now :(

Maybe the copyright MIBs have come down heavy, which would be a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc posted on Mar 6 2003 said:
There are several ports (f.e. Elite) working great, but lacking a save function.
Does anyone know where the Elite port can be dowloaded from now? The links I have seem to be dead now :(

The official site works fine for me:
http://membres.lycos.fr/kris4leloo/

Save games!!! i think developer have been developing the graphics and the input and have left fileio by the side. I might try, or get help into doing fileio for doom.

Doc posted on Mar 6 2003 said:

The official site works fine for me:
http://membres.lycos.fr/kris4leloo/
Has anyone tried to dock yet in elite? I've tried it a couple of times and it just seems to hang when you get too close ... seems like the poly clipper can't cope or something.

It is a real shame so many projects on GP32 have been abandoned, they are so near yet so far :(

My 1st post! ha! :lol:

Perhaps the developers were not getting any backing or had any incentive? If someone does manage to get these games working (especially Doom with Save Option and Sound) I wouldnt mind sending whoever sorted them out an "incentive" :D

It looks like the person who did the Doom port worked or is working for Mucky Foot (they make computer games)... perhaps thats the reason why he stopped the project?

Have faith Gentlemen,
Most of the ports you are talking about haven't been abandoned, they have just been delayed... Many of these developers and coders have lives outside of porting finished and exsisting projects. (not that I know or anything since I know squat about coding.) BUT with a little patience... you may see some cool near "perfect" ports.... I ll keep everyone updated on any developments....peace out.....

FYI... If anyone that posted on this topic is a women....I apologize for the "Gentlemen" thing....."Ladies and Gentlemen." :rolleyes:

Back