Doom64 Pwad For Gp Doom.

You need gpdoomv9.fxe, Doom2 and Doom64 (all available on my site)

It's simple :
- Put gpdoomv9.fxe in GPMM
- Put DOOM2.WAD and DOOM64.WAD in GAME/DOOM

;)

saves dont work for me, i bet its the >20MB wad file <_<
One good advice : Believe me take the Aquafish multifirmware v4.8a or v4.8b, with this one you'll normally not have save problem, crashes, resets in GP Doom any longer (Aquafish tested himself my DOOM64.WAD with his multifirmware 4.8 and it ran great and the saves worked great too ;)).

It's really the best firmware and more stable one. ;)

Aquafish site :
http://www.egloo.fr.st

Or direct link for Aqua multifirmware 4.8 (right click and "save target under..."):
http://membres.lycos.fr/illusionstudio/aquafish/fw48b.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
ehm... I can't pass the third level of Doom 64... I killed the two "Barons of Hell" that appear together but then...all doors are closed and seems that there is no way to go more...what to do??

thanx

whats actualy differant ???

wats the differance between the normal doom and this one??

just new levels?

oh nd i would c for ma self but i aint got any smc's, ma mam and dad took them for there damn digi cam!!
I think the level maps are like the one from the N64. The textures don't look like they are from that version though. I remember the textures and lighting being much better on the N64. I think it is a limitation of the DoomII engine.

whats actualy differant ???

wats the differance between the normal doom and this one??

just new levels?

oh nd i would c for ma self but i aint got any smc's, ma mam and dad took them for there damn digi cam!!
I think the level maps are like the one from the N64. The textures don't look like they are from that version though. I remember the textures and lighting being much better on the N64. I think it is a limitation of the DoomII engine.
The levels are not from the original port of Doom64 on PC because, as you said, Doom 2 engine doesn't allow to run them by far. ;)

I solved this reseting problem that occurs while saving:

This happens when using the compressed version of doom.fxe (around 250k).
But it doesnt happen with the non-compressed version (?? 580k ???).

so everyone who has problems, try it again. At least it worked for me.

I solved this reseting problem that occurs while saving:

This happens when using the compressed version of doom.fxe (around 250k).
But it doesnt happen with the non-compressed version (?? 580k ???).

so everyone who has problems, try it again. At least it worked for me.
Hmm... intresting... thanx Horscht, I didn't notice that.
Did you play with "my" compressed version? :)
I you did, I'll remove it from my site.

But I think Doom III saves don't work, even with "normal" GP Doom. ;)

not sure, i dont think its yours, but i can try yours, too. It was compressed by a guy named Xafier (not sure if its his nick or his real name)

Edit: i just noticed you allready took that off your site. Would you mind uploading it again? or add it to your ftp?

ill have a look today, but i i´ll probably dont have time to post the result today. But Doom64 was the first doom wad i experienced problems with.

So ill post the results tomorrow, perhaps a "compatibility list".

ill have a look today, but i i´ll probably dont have time to post the result today. But Doom64 was the first doom wad i experienced problems with.

So ill post the results tomorrow, perhaps a "compatibility list".
Ok thanx. ;)

Do you mean saves work on every other PWAD with the compressed GP Doom version?!

because they worked. Its just that it saves the second time you try it. the first time i tried it was with the compressed one. Then i decided to try the uncompressed one and it worked. But i just found out that the saves worked because of the uncompressed version, but because i saved the second time. I already wrote that in my compatibility list. So it was me thinking too fast :rolleyes:

Back