Dosbox Config

Pleng

OK so Dosbox is awesome.

The PND comes with some broken links to documentation, however!

How can I change the autoexec script?
And how can I change the button assignments? As most games that I play use ctrl, alt, space and shift as their main action keys, I'd like to be able to assign them to the game buttons.

Thaaaanks!

Pleng said:
OK so Dosbox is awesome.

The PND comes with some broken links to documentation, however!

How can I change the autoexec script?
And how can I change the button assignments? As most games that I play use ctrl, alt, space and shift as their main action keys, I'd like to be able to assign them to the game buttons.

Thaaaanks!
the broken readme problem is known.
you can use dboxfe to create profiles for any game you want, there is a section to change the autoexec area (mounting section?)
to remap hit ctrl-F1 and it will bring up the default mapper application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help.

I have sussed the mapping app. I know have a great setup that works for pretty much all of my games :D

I cant get the autoexec section sussed though. There's an empty list box which I presume I'm supposed to put commands into, but every time I click on 'add' I get the following error message:

No directory was selected

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pleng said:
Thanks for the help.

I have sussed the mapping app. I know have a great setup that works for pretty much all of my games :D

I cant get the autoexec section sussed though. There's an empty list box which I presume I'm supposed to put commands into, but every time I click on 'add' I get the following error message:

No directory was selected

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hmm, maybe that will only put mounts and drive changes in the autoexec. I havnt tried to add any exe names to the autoexec yet, ive been running commands manually.
Worst case you can go in manually and add the exe's to the dboxfe conf's

OK sorry to sound thick

But I create and save a profile in Dosboxfe and after quitting and starting again, that profile has disappeared. There is nothing in any of the appdata directories that looks like a config file. What am I doing wrong :S

Pleng said:
OK sorry to sound thick

But I create and save a profile in Dosboxfe and after quitting and starting again, that profile has disappeared. There is nothing in any of the appdata directories that looks like a config file. What am I doing wrong :S

are you sure you saved it? i create a profile and it will show up in the list on the left. Change all the settings you want, then go back click on the profile you want and then click the save profile button at the bottom.
There should be a default profile i included in the pnd. Do you see that?

Yes the default profile is listed.

When I create and save a new profile, one of the activity leds flashes on and off. If I then try and start the profile I get the error message

Configuration file not found!

'/mnt/utmp/dosbox/.dboxfe/newprofile.conf'

(ok)

Pleng said:
Yes the default profile is listed.

When I create and save a new profile, one of the activity leds flashes on and off. If I then try and start the profile I get the error message

Configuration file not found!

'/mnt/utmp/dosbox/.dboxfe/newprofile.conf'

(ok)

ok, maybe theres a bug, ill test it myself tonight

Pleng said:
cool, thanks :)

ok, temporary fix:
create the following folder path in the appdata/dosbox folder : .dboxfe/profile

once created the profiles you create should show up in .dboxfe

Pickle said:
Pleng said:
cool, thanks :)

ok, temporary fix:
create the following folder path in the appdata/dosbox folder : .dboxfe/profile

once created the profiles you create should show up in .dboxfe

OK Thanks Pickle

This allows me to create profiles, and they appear in the directory .dboxfe/profile, but when re-loading Dosboxfe, the profiles do not re-appear.

Also the key bindings are not saved when dosbox is quit and re-started.

Back