Dosbox - dynrec update

If I touch at the black bar right of a 640x480 fullscreengame, I get the offset bug, that is fixed by playing in windowed mode or switching between the modes. Or by klicking in the upper left corner to reunite the curser with the stylusposition, so if it is in there it might not work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The touchscreen offsetbug was present in StreaKs build, too. If he has changed anything in the dosboxcode, we should ask him to upload his sources somewhere.

But maybe he just took pickles build and slapped his launcher and notaz sdl on it.

The touchscreen is still buggy in DosBox EX as well.

Using the nubs as the mouse or using an external mouse works correctly in DosBox EX for games that use edge scrolling.

The mouse pointer does not jump when you click the mouse in DosBox EX.

The nub-mouse doesnt seem to work with "export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss" in the MAME EX v4 "run.sh" startup script.

I commented out [#] export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss and the nubs started working.

As for the DosBox EX source, well :unsure:

You'll need latest notaz sdl ro make nubs work wirh it.

I put the latest notaz sdl in and now DosBox EX behaves similar to DosBox.

The mouse pointer does not reach the edges and is sometimes trapped in a smaller box.

The pointer does not jump when the mouse is clicked though.

Was the mouse issue fixed on this in the end? it's a very good emulator otherwise, and a lot easier for noobs like me to use than Qemu (which I've not really gotten a handle on so far!). Thanks again for everyone's hard work on these software packages, there's lots of interesting things appearing all the time on the Pandora at present!

I still have the problem with the touchscreen on dosbox unfortunately. It might be in sync for a while, but if you accidentally press out of the window or something, it will be desyncronised again.

Not to worry, I just asked as I'm not doing too well in getting Qemu up and running properly, seems to require a lot of configuration to get up and running properly, bit beyond my meager skills I'm afraid!

(null)

I don't have time to test this myself (I'm busy busy over easter) but is Dosbox Ex v4 the only version you can use an external mouse with?

If so where can I find it? :(

I wouldn't mind (in fact I'd probably prefer) playing WarCraft II with an external mouse.

Honestly I hadn't yet tried using a mouse with any version of Dosbox...

I could make ext mouse work in "my" SDL without border limitation, but that may break some existing programs (and this dosbox version seems to be not using it anyway).

If so where can I find it?
sad.png
PM foxblock, he said he has a lot of streaks stuff and would distribute it on a per request basis

If so where can I find it?
sad.png
PM foxblock, he said he has a lot of streaks stuff and would distribute it on a per request basis

I am such an idiot! I knew I had some version of ex already... so I check and it's v4! Moron!

I had never used it due to it's rather inconvenient requirement of renaming all my files...

Does v3 require you to do this? What's the diff between v3 and v4?

Does anyone know if Winbox has been updated with this improvement? And if not, will it be?

Okay I did a build of Dosbox SVN (r3799) + that armv7.diff patch + winbox patch(es)....

1) W3.1 is not noticeably faster. It might even be slower. I'm not sure. I do remember hacking the 0.74 dynrec on and then finding that it was not being used when in W3.1, maybe the protected mode etc? I dunno.

2) Somebody broke keyboard input in Win3.1, no keys work in windows - no idea why (?!?)

3) I will need to fix conf scripts because Dosbox-SVN.conf != Dosbox-0.74.conf ...

-> I'll let the current build stand as the better one atleast until I have more time

EDIT: If somebody wants to work on winbox, feel free to - if you make a better build I can give repo permissions or release it.

The r3799+mods (the not working build described above) sources are here: http://urjaman.dyndns.info/dosbox-3799_mod.tar.xz - the working r2 sources are inside the winbox_r2.pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I did a build of Dosbox SVN (r3799) + that armv7.diff patch + winbox patch(es)....

1) W3.1 is not noticeably faster. It might even be slower. I'm not sure. I do remember hacking the 0.74 dynrec on and then finding that it was not being used when in W3.1, maybe the protected mode etc? I dunno.

2) Somebody broke keyboard input in Win3.1, no keys work in windows - no idea why (?!?)

3) I will need to fix conf scripts because Dosbox-SVN.conf != Dosbox-0.74.conf ...

-> I'll let the current build stand as the better one atleast until I have more time

EDIT: If somebody wants to work on winbox, feel free to - if you make a better build I can give repo permissions or release it.

The r3799+mods (the not working build described above) sources are here: http://urjaman.dyndns.info/dosbox-3799_mod.tar.xz - the working r2 sources are inside the winbox_r2.pnd
Good luck!

Back