DOSBox FE will not start [Fixed]

bismuthdrummer

Here's the pndrun .out:

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/GAMES/pandora/menu/Dosbox.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/GAMES/pandora/appdata/dosbox

APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext4

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : rundboxfe.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/dosbox"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/GAMES/pandora/appdata/dosbox=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/dosbox=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/dosbox"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( rundboxfe.sh  ) ----------

cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file

./rundboxfe.sh: line 3:  4586 Bus error               ./dboxfe

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( rundboxfe.sh  ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/dosbox': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

I tried adding a blank runbase.sh to appdata since I already have the default directories, and I get a permissions error. Paging Pickle/mcobit...

EDIT: Sorry about this, turns out my .pnd's were corrupt. How? I don't know exactly...

Last edited by a moderator:
This dosen't really help you but have you tried ... dosbox ex v9 ...?? I think it is the best pc dos emulator out there and the most recent  ;)

This dosen't really help you but have you tried ... dosbox ex v9 ...?? I think it is the best pc dos emulator out there and the most recent  ;)
Actually, Qemu is the best. ;)

I do appreciate the suggestion, but I have resolved to never again touch anything produced by the developer formerly known as StreaK. He no doubt works hard, but never, ever again.

Id make sure your pnd isnt corupt
I can open it with 7zip on my PC and view the files. DOSBox itself runs like a dream, anything else I can check?

I still use Pickle's DboxFE and with the latest OS update and it works fine for me..

Honestly I've had better performance in Dosbox than Qemu.. It could be my setup, I have tried freedos and regular DOS 6.22 within qemu.

I will try a reflash since I also have issues with Kami Retro...... EDIT: Reflashed using full flasher, no change. 1 GHz unit, default settings.

I made a move to ext4 recently (possibly after my last successful run of DOSBox FE, I don't recall), could this possibly be causing the copy error?

@TrashyMG

Yeah, DOSBox does handle some games much better, I would like to do a rundown of both sometime, see how each game compares.

Back