Dosbox For Dingoo A320

slaanesh, are you going you upgrade to dosbox 0.74 that was released recently ?
It seems some games were fixed and some got speed-ups in this release.

slaanesh said:
Yes, I've got full keyboard support for Nanonotes. I'm working on mouse support as well for both A320 and nanonote.

Awesome, hope to see some updates soon! With mouse and full keyboard support, I can install Win 3.1! Hooray!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I needed a rest. I haven't touched any development for about 4 weeks now.

I'm interested again, thanks to the Pandora but I want to finish off DOSBox for the A320/Nanonote first.

I'm just in process of getting mouse emulation in.

Once this is done, I'll see what needs to be done to get to 0.74 of DOSBox as well. It's probably worth the upgrade I think too (just read the changes).

I also noticed that there is a new rootfs/kernel for the Nanonote - but I couldn't find any release documentation for it. Anyone now what's changed?

hi slaanesh ,Menelkir a Brazilian dev, is testing a optimized kernel for dingux.The most important thing is the SWAP function,a320 can use 64M and more virtue memory.most of mame32's games can be run and great performance.many type of game GB,GBA,MAME,GG,openbor....they are run very fast !!

this swap is greatful!!so i think it good for your work.(dosbox),FBA!!!

and i hope you can add the amount of mame32 support game list

download adress:My link

slaanesh said:
I think I needed a rest. I haven't touched any development for about 4 weeks now.

I'm interested again, thanks to the Pandora but I want to finish off DOSBox for the A320/Nanonote first.

I'm just in process of getting mouse emulation in.

Once this is done, I'll see what needs to be done to get to 0.74 of DOSBox as well. It's probably worth the upgrade I think too (just read the changes).

I also noticed that there is a new rootfs/kernel for the Nanonote - but I couldn't find any release documentation for it. Anyone now what's changed?

Hi slaanesh,

you don't need to add mouse emulation anymore. Take my mouse driver and everything works fine. I tested DosBox with it and it works great!

http://crankgaming.blogspot.com/2010/06/virtual-mouse-driver-for-dingux-beta3.html

It's an real mice interface for dingux. Configurable via config files.

bregards
SiENcE

That's great that it works with DOSBOX.

There's only two little problems:

1). It's probably not Nanonote compatible as it needs a new kernel.
2). To remain compatible with all users I don't want to make DOSBOX reliant on a specific kernel.

Also, I haven't had much time to do much but that should improve starting next week. :)

slaanesh said:
That's great that it works with DOSBOX.

There's only two little problems:

1). It's probably not Nanonote compatible as it needs a new kernel.
2). To remain compatible with all users I don't want to make DOSBOX reliant on a specific kernel.

Also, I haven't had much time to do much but that should improve starting next week. :)

It's not kernel specific!

It even works on OpenDingux (has already uinput enabled).

It uses the Keymouse which is made for Linux to emulate a v.mouse via keys to the /dev/mice device..

The only thing, it need uinput as kernel or module support. Should be possible with nanonote too. Someone on nanonote irc reported, that it works.

It's normal Linux style to use the /dev/input/mice as Mouse device ;-).

If you still want to add your own virtual mouse, please don't make using this virtual mouse driver impossible!

Getting back into some development after a much needed break.

Who is using their Nanonote for DOSBOX?

Big improvements in the next version. I've got the following working:

* Full keyboard working (Nanonote only, obviously)
* Built in mouse support (for both Nanonote/A320)

And will also include:

* OSD keyboard for the A320 (this is what I am working on next).
* Expecting 20% faster thanks to profiling the code.

slaanesh said:
Getting back into some development after a much needed break.

Who is using their Nanonote for DOSBOX?

Big improvements in the next version. I've got the following working:

* Full keyboard working (Nanonote only, obviously)
* Built in mouse support (for both Nanonote/A320)

And will also include:

* OSD keyboard for the A320 (this is what I am working on next).
* Expecting 20% faster thanks to profiling the code.

Hey.

good to see you are working on dosbox. Could you fix the screenmode from Dosbox. Dosbox tried to initialize 640x400 screenmode everytime i start it. This don't work correct using the open-dingux kernel. It works using the legacy kernel...but better to fix this.

cheers
SiENcE

slaanesh said:
I have't been following the Dingux scene much. What's the difference between the legacy kernel and the open-dingux kernel?

open-dingux is in development. it uses a newer linux kernel as base.

it has doubbelbuffer support, uses alsa instead of oss, has nand-read support (so you can access internal nand), uses cpufreq buildin kernel to set clock and lots of other bugfixes.

open-dingux desc.
http://dingoowiki.com/index.php/Dingux:Kernel#OpenDingux_Kernel

open-dingux repository
http://github.com/mthuurne/opendingux-kernel

I've got a question for DosBox on the Dingoo. I see that you have an arena configuration set up for download in the file archive. How does that run on the dingoo? I set up Arena on the pandora and it gets close to playable only when I overclock it to 1 Ghz ( Omap 5 ). Just wondering if there is any kind of hardware acceleration that the dingoo version has.

SiENcE said:
slaanesh said:
I have't been following the Dingux scene much. What's the difference between the legacy kernel and the open-dingux kernel?

open-dingux is in development. it uses a newer linux kernel as base.

it has doubbelbuffer support, uses alsa instead of oss, has nand-read support (so you can access internal nand), uses cpufreq buildin kernel to set clock and lots of other bugfixes.

Oh is that all... :)

Thats pretty significant. The double buffer support would be worth it alone!

Okay, well looks like I'll have to use this new kernel.

NAND support is also nice.

Thanks for the summary. I was starting to think that deving for Dingux was going to be superceded by just doing native ports.

Okay that's mouse emulation in. Also as a significant bonus the keymapper screen is fully working now too. This should be a boon for A320 users too so that you can re-map buttons on the fly.

Now I've got to make it work with the new Open Dingux kernel.

That reminds me... what percentage of people are using the old Dingux kernel vs the new Open Dingux kernel?

Back