Dosbox For Newbies?

GoblinX

Still Fresh
Hi there. I really hate to bother you all, but I have no idea how to use the GPX2 Dosbox. I apoligize if there's a proper manual I missed. Basically, if I own old disks from my 486dx (The glory days of computing, eh?), and I want to pop an old game like Floor 13 on my gpx2 dosbox, how do I do that? It's only got an .exe file, no gpe.

I read the txt file a bit, but is there a way someone can possibly explain this for a first time gpx2 dosbox user?

Ooops, You seemed to have posted in the wrong forums, As there isnt a port of dosbox for the GP32 as far as i know.

Oh btw, The system you seem to be referring to is the GP2x, As the name GPx2 was copyrighted by someone else at the time GPH were looking for a name for the system, Even though it was one of their original choices.

Hope you find what you need.

MOVED to the correct forum.

Trooper

Ah yes. The GP2x is the system I was referring to. Thank you, sorry I posted this in the wrong spot.

I get basically that the gpe file just contains settings, i'm just not sure how exactly to set it up. Do I basically place my dos program in question in the dosbox directory then make a gpe file for it with settings?

Goblin said:
I get basically that the gpe file just contains settings, i'm just not sure how exactly to set it up. Do I basically place my dos program in question in the dosbox directory then make a gpe file for it with settings?
You can find help on the wiki with some clues for settings of popular games.

Yes, you are basically correct, although it can be more complicated. There are example settings included that show you the possibilities. Search the boards for games that people have tested, i.e. the DOSBOX thread, and others.

What some people have done is used their PC version and made it functional and then moved it to the GP2X. After reading the wiki and posts and some trial and error you can add your experiences to the forums as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, okay. That Wiki definately helps tons, thank you so much. I'll tinker with it, and see how I do. If I get my games running, I'll gladly share my config files with folks.

Back