Dosbox-Guide

Have you tried "cd /arena", instead?

EDIT: And are you running DOSBox from DOSBoxFE? I haven't come across that behaviour when running from the front-end.

im using DOSBoxFE but as I mentioned in an earlier post the colon : and the ~ does not work so i cannot actually cd to c: for example and also cannot write dir names which include the ~ so all in all iv been stuck a few times anyone know how to fix the keyboard layout?

Have you tried "cd /arena", instead?

EDIT: And are you running DOSBox from DOSBoxFE? I haven't come across that behaviour when running from the front-end.

Lol... yeah. Tried that and about 800 other commands. Any command that would lead to a DIR change gives me the message I mentioned earlier. And I got the Emulator from the appstore page.

Guys, check the keyboard layout in DosboxFE (Misc-->DOS, BIOS, joystick).

Set it to your local layout and it should work fine ;)

If your problem is typing the colon, I guess you´ll be fine with another layout (Being SP in my case and the colon key is in the right place...Shift + dot key)

Duddyroar said:
I have the exact same problem - no : or ~

I've switched to a Spanish layout and the problem is still there. Anyone?

I don't know about the ~ but a : can be done using the WinBox mapper-0.74.map file.

Get WinBox HERE

Run Winbox (winbox.pnd) and then Exit so it creates the appdata stuff.

Copy the appdata/winbox-1/.dosbox/mapper-0.74.map file to the appdata/dosbox/.dosbox/ folder.

Now shift + tab = :

This .map file works for Dosbox74.pnd, If you are using version .73 rename the mapper-0.74.map file to mapper-0.73.map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back