Dosbox Help

LittleTodds

Still Fresh
Hello,
There are things on DosBox for GP2X I can't seem to get working:
*When I try to play Stunts, it comes up with the usual "Loading Stunts..." screen, and then brings me back to C:\> (this happens in Bochs-GP2X too). I can get it to run fine in the PC version of DosBox. Didn't it say on wiki.gp2x.org that Stunts "Mostly Works"?
*I tried to get Windows 3.1 running, as I was able to get it running in DosBox for the PC. I get up to the bootscreen with the logo, but then it just goes back to the GP2X menu. I can't install it through DosBox either, it just comes up with an error. Could someone tell me how to get it working?
*I don't know why, but some games I tried seemed to run better at 200Mhz with sound than at 260Mhz without sound. I tried running The Incredible Machine 2 at 200Mhz, and it took around 10 minutes to get up to the main screen and then was running at about 10 FPS. Now when I try to run it at 260Mhz, it takes over half an hour to load (I've never seen it get to the loading screen at 260Mhz, all I see is the ticking clock). Could someone tell me how to get TIM2 working, and why this occurs?
*When I try to run Flight Simulator 4 or 3 (released in 1988 and 1989), I get <1 FPS and the color is weird. Why would this happen for a game that is so old and needs very little system requirements?

Does anyone know if/how I can fix these problems? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stunts does work as I used for the profiling, but its pretty slow to begin with. Maybe try uping the memory to 8 mb. You can also try different cycles, like 800.

Thanks for replying Pickle.
Pickle said:
Stunts does work as I used for the profiling, but its pretty slow to begin with.
How long does it take to load, and what is the frame rate? If it's less than 10fps I might not bother.

Pickle said:
Maybe try uping the memory to 8 mb. You can also try different cycles, like 800.
I have already tried it at 4MB and 8MB, and neither worked. I haven't changed the cycles too much though, I think I've tried it from around 1500 - 2500 with no results. I'll try 800 as you said.

Do you, or anyone else know how to get Windows 3.1 working, as I stated in my first post? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I tried running Stunts at various cycles, such as 800, 1000,1500,2000 and even 3000, and various memory sizes like 4mb, 8mb, 12mb and 16mb, but nothing has changed. I still can't get into it. I noticed that the OSD says that the program running when it is loading is LOAD, and then when it goes back to C:\> the program running was DOSBOX.

I also tried getting Windows 3.1 to work, by choosing different cycles but it still doesn't work. :(

Can anyone help me?

LittleTodds said:
Ok, I tried running Stunts at various cycles, such as 800, 1000,1500,2000 and even 3000, and various memory sizes like 4mb, 8mb, 12mb and 16mb, but nothing has changed. I still can't get into it. I noticed that the OSD says that the program running when it is loading is LOAD, and then when it goes back to C:\> the program running was DOSBOX.

I also tried getting Windows 3.1 to work, by choosing different cycles but it still doesn't work. :(

Can anyone help me?
Stunts probally isnt worth playing, its just too slow.
Windows 3.1 is more of the same, i havnt tried it on any of my builds but it did load on earlier versions, but was buggy. May be its not as buggy, but I see what you could actually run it. It took a while to load too.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, why won't Windows 3.1 work then? I get the loading bootscreen, and then it goes straight back to the Gmenu2x menu after about 20 seconds. How did you get it working?

Stunts still doesn't seem to work. I whenever it loads it still goes back to C:\. Why do you think this would be happing on Bochs-GP2X and DosBox?

Back