Dosbox On Gp2x

Lord_Doku

Still Fresh
Hey guys, ive been having some issues with DOSbox for the GP2X........major issues. It doesnt matter what version i use, every single time i try it on my GP2X it gives me an black screen and goes back to the main menu. Any help in this would be highly appreciated.

Lord_Doku

Have you read the readme?

DOSBOX isn't something you just put on your SD card and then run; you need to configure several files before you can even try starting it. And no, you do *NOT* run Dosbox.gpe; that will not work...

Lord_Doku said:
Hey guys, ive been having some issues with DOSbox for the GP2X........major issues. It doesnt matter what version i use, every single time i try it on my GP2X it gives me an black screen and goes back to the main menu. Any help in this would be highly appreciated.

Lord_Doku
Im glad you finally decided to post :D

Put all the files in the folder dosbox on the root of your sd card.
Then you need to try and run the default.gpe
It should come up with the blue welcome screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Megagun said:

DOSBOX isn't something you just put on your SD card and then run; you need to configure several files before you can even try starting it. And no, you do *NOT* run Dosbox.gpe; that will not work...
Yes i have, im not retarded...

@Pickle: Tried it, but no blue welcome screen. I try DOSbox.gpe, screen goes black and returns me to the main menu of the GP2X.

Lord_Doku said:
Megagun said:

Yes i have, im not retarded...

@Pickle: Tried it, but no blue welcome screen. I try DOSbox.gpe, screen goes black and returns me to the main menu of the GP2X.

There is no dosbox.gpe there is "dosbox" (with no ext) which is the executibale and there is "default.gpe", you need to run the default.gpe.
Are you using the latest version 4? If not start over with it.
Which GP2X version are you using (i.e F100) and what firmware version (i.e 2.1.1)?

Lord_Doku said:
Heres what i use.

GP2X F200 4.0.0 firmware
DOSbox 0.72-3
Ok get 0.72-4 and put everything in a new folder (doesnt have to be named dosbox)
There was a bug with 0.72-3 if you didnt have the font for the OSD's maybe that is your issue?

Lord_Doku said:
nope, still the black screen and return to main menu.

You dont happen to have a bob or the docking station? If so you can use the serial and maybe pick up on an error message from the command line.
You think your SD card is reliable? Does anything else not run or work for you?
Otherwise im out of ideas.

Just got the GP2X, 2 rechargable batteries, USB cable, 2 GB SanDisk SD and an adaptor for when i put stuff on it, test it, and use it home.
And everything ive ever put on there(exept for DOSbox) works.

Lord_Doku said:
Just got the GP2X, 2 rechargable batteries, USB cable, 2 GB SanDisk SD and an adaptor for when i put stuff on it, test it, and use it home.
And everything ive ever put on there(exept for DOSbox) works.

what folder did you put it in, I lied above it does matter what folder it is in, unless you modify default.gpe for the path your using.

That path wont work unless you modify the default.gpe script. Its easier to put everything into sd/dosbox.

Also taken from the readme:

** Installing **
-----------------
First the examples are assuming you put dosbox at /mnt/sd/dosbox. If you move to a different location
you will have to adjust the paths in the gpe script and the dosbox.conf.

Copy the dosbox subdirectory included in this archive to your SD card.
Set up a separate configuration for each game you want to play. That
would consist of a dosbox.conf file, a mapper.txt file, and a
gamename-here.gpe file.

tried it, doesnt work.

I suppose i should leave this 'as is' till i get my Pandora after its released, no reason to keep trying to fix this.

Lord_Doku said:
tried it, doesnt work.

I suppose i should leave this 'as is' till i get my Pandora after its released, no reason to keep trying to fix this.
Your absolutely sure that your directory path is same for the card and for the default.gpe. The case does matter.

Back