Dosbox System shock 2

Well, you don't really want to get me started about Bioshock ;]

In my book it is not worth 20% of what SS2 (or even the first) was.

Some people might find me a bit extremist when it comes to the SS franchise, though ^^

^ I agree wholehartedly. For me the most precious thing in ss2 is the added multiplayer feature with the patch, albeit a bit unstable. Playing ss2 online with a friend using teamspeak, plain awesome. It,s a shame so few coop games exist. Consoleros have it way better there.

what's even worst than comparing BIOSHOCK to SS is to think of (no need to compare it share the same name) Thief3 and Thief1+2...

You might be able to play these game through Wine. Apparently, appdb.winehq.org gives Thief 2 a gold status and System Shock 2 barely plays. This is probably as good as it gets as far as running these games on linux (on the PC with x86 architecture of course).

Well, you don't really want to get me started about Bioshock ;]

In my book it is not worth 20% of what SS2 (or even the first) was.

Some people might find me a bit extremist when it comes to the SS franchise, though ^^
I feel the same about Deus Ex 3 from all the youtube samples, I hate how they overuse the Wolverine's claws concept. I don't want to play a character with Wolverine's claws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, the source for the engine did get leaked a few months ago... I couldn't possibly post a link though :)

Back